PDA

View Full Version : kfx400 bored 434 carb adjustment?

cjmadison9
12-16-2010, 11:07 AM
ok, 05 kfx400 with a cylkinder works 434 bore kit, need a ideal starting point for carb adjusment to get me in the ball park, not even sure how big main jet, pilot jet, or air/fuel adj, to go with, or even the needle adj, its gotta lexx slip on pipe an the air box lid is off, that about it as far a motor work done to it, got the carb in pieces and kinda clueless as where to start with carb adjustment lol thanks for any help

RATPACK Z400
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
you need jet kit for carb ,comes with needle and lots of jets and directions that are easy too follow then after you follow directions and still not sure we on here can help you fine tune from there but get jet kit and start doing what the direction say and if your not sure hit us back .one thing is too check plug and clean after changing jets to see if its rich or lean you wont it a little rich it will be a brownish color on plug end if its white your lean and can do damage to motor if riden too long that way. good luck!

cjmadison9
12-16-2010, 11:44 AM
yeah already got a dyno jet kit for it not really any good directions though, i just wasnt sure if someone had an idea of settings to start with, that and the dyno jet doesnt come with pilot jets, im not looking forward to tearing the carb in and out of the quad 50 times to get it tuned but i know it gotta be done lol, was lookin for a starting settings to cut down on some of the guess work off the bat, thanks!

RATPACK Z400
12-16-2010, 01:35 PM
those direction are spot on to elevation (attitude) then pluck out the cap on motor side of carb and turn screw in like the direction says 2 1/2 turn out i think .you can look on this forum and find jetting for your quad maybe in how to do or Go to suzukicentral.com they also have it.

cjmadison9
12-17-2010, 10:47 AM
dynojet chart instructions say to run the needle on the 3 clip, 150 main jet and set screw 3 1/2 turns out, but nothing about a pilot jet? im gonna give it a try this weekend on the settings they gave me and adjust it from their. do you know how to tell the pilot needs to be bigger? like symtoms?