PDA

View Full Version : im going to install a warn 1500# winch

killer454
12-15-2010, 07:27 PM
im just letting everybody know im going to order the warn rt15 winch this weekend and add it to my 400ex.I have seen on here another guy did this on his ,but did not show a video of it in action so i am.
im going to install it and then take a video of it in action around the yard to see how good it pulls.

im just throwing it out their to see how many people would be interested in seeing this video.

i cant find this winch on any sport atv in action no where,if anybody has seen a video of this winch on a sport atv could you tell me the link to it.

thanks from killer454

CJM
12-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Im thinking you might need an upgraded stator to handle it but you might be ok.

They are handy, used one a few weeks ago on a kawi prairie cause my bud stalled on a hill and couldnt go up or down cause he kept digging and pulling out by hand with 2 guys wasnt working to well.

killer454
12-15-2010, 07:38 PM
yes i think it will come in handy on the trails this summer.when me and my nephew go trail ridding we always try that one deep hole that nobody can get through.im 42 years young and when he gets stuck im tired of-----------------------------------------------------1.unwraping the toe line from my front bumper
2.tieing it to his atv
3.hooking it to my foot peg
4.pulling him out
5.untieing pull rope from my footpeg
6.untieing pullrope from his atv
7.wraping that darn thing back on my front bumper

its crazy im mostly the one that does not get stuck on the ride,as to my nephew who is 18 and seems to go through every hole out their that would swallow a 4x4 chevy lol.

i think this would be easier on me

rtb1259
01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I installed the warn xt15. It was a pretty easy installation. Fabbed up a bar to mount the solenoid just above the electrical connections up front.
I like the piece of mind of having it installed.

greencow
01-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Looking forward to the video. My one friend has a winch on his ltz, does not use it much but theres no doubt that it could be useful.

JOHNDOE83
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Video of it in action would be great!!!

If you havent seen the movie "The gods must be crazy" you should watch it...lol.

Theres a part in that movie were the guy accidently puts his jeep up in a tree because his winch wouldnt stop turning, you should try to get video of the quad off the ground winched to a tree branch to show how strong it is...lol.

camaromitch
01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I saw this the other night. Seemed relevant.

Ever see a honda climb a tree? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttmo5o_jx18&feature=fvw)