PDA

View Full Version : Fullflight A arms

quadmanw
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Lookin at buying a set of Fullflight A arms for my 400. there like 400 bucks and come with brake lines and whatever color you want. im prob gonna get the +3 +1. Does anyone have an experience or feedback from the A arms?

Thanks, Steve

PaRedneckRiders
12-15-2010, 05:33 AM
No personal experience, but some people like them some dont.
If you plan on ridding any trails +3 is prob going to be pushing it.
Personally wouldnt run them, i would rather buy a set of good used lonestars or housers or something else but thats just me.

Ive road some other quads with fullflights and some with ASR's didn't much like them but again thats just me.

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? MX, Trails, GNCC???

quadmanw
12-15-2010, 05:40 AM
I race a lot of gncc

Scro
12-15-2010, 06:11 AM
I would the extra couple hundred dollars and buy Houser's, or a brand that has balljoints and sealed bushings/bearings. Racing GNCC, you're going to be trashing heimjoints very frequently. I would also suggest something narrow like +1 for GNCC. Although you could probably fit through the trails on +3, you have to think about the ruts that everyone else is making in the trail. If you are a full 4 inches wider, it's going to cause some ill-handling characteristics because your tires are almost always going to be on the berms on the trail.

evan402
12-15-2010, 07:47 AM
i don't intend to hijack thread, but what size a arms would you recommend for trail riding? or should i just buy a decent pair of shocks, or 450r or yfz450 swap?

PaRedneckRiders
12-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Ya widest i would go would be +2 but even at that you may be pushing it in some areas. Make sure you do shocks and a-arms those stock pogo sticks up front wont hold up to much hard riding.

416racer
12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I really like the +2 with a 4-1 offset wheel for xc racing. I have a set That Id take 300 plus shipping for.

markk
12-15-2010, 08:41 PM
im running the +2+1 with a 4-1 offset hiper... and i race/ride the woods also and width is fine with me on the arms. the arms are tough, they are a pain in the butt to setup. i spent another 400 dollars to have the hiem joint bushings made out of Stainless. becuase the junk aluminum ones were sloppy and wore out in about 5 normal rides. they squeak alot- and the heim joints on the knuckels get a little dirt in them and it makes the stearing really really hard-

i would save the money and wait around untill you found a diffrent set of arms---- i would love to say good things for them- but there are to many negatives in my opnion-- id say if you ran TT they would be ok!!!

quadmanw
12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks man. That really made me want to wait and buy a set I'm gonna be hapy with

brewster426
12-15-2010, 10:05 PM
i have a set of black ones that i can on my 400. they are a pain in the ***** to set up. and the aluminum spacers broke on the heims in like 5 rides and got super sloppy. but they are very tough. i hit a tree in 3rd gear coming down a hill and flipped it really hard and the arms were still in good shape. iff you were racing TT i would say that they were great because of all the adjustment you have. caster and camber wise. not a real bad deal if you can get a good set of heims