PDA

View Full Version : ktms?

reconmaster
12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
so whats up with ktm i noticed there was no left overs advertized on the new dirtwheels are they done with quads?

Canadian144
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
No new quads have been produced by them for the past year or so I believe (maybe less). Definitely some of the best quads made.... I bet in 20/30 years the will be worth a lot.

reconmaster
12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
i know there was no 2010's but i seen no 09's like honda and suzuki on dirtwheels like im wondering if there outta the quad game defintly best solid oem quads built i rode a 450sx i want one bad but i guess if there not being built anymore i dont want to "roll" into a quad that will be hard to get oem parts for down the road

Canadian144
12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah they've stopped production for sure.

IdahoMX
12-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I just bought a 08 525xc. Havent rode it yet but seems like a great quad. Not really worried about if they still make them or not. The 250r hasnt been made since 89 and you can still find parts. It may be a little harder but not impossible

One_Bad_400
12-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Just because they stopped production doesn't mean they are getting out completly. the economy is down. why keep production when you haven't sold stock. let the economy come back, the stock be sold out, and they will start production again.

Just because these brands are the biggest names out there doesn't mean they can afford to keep making something thats not going to sale right now

reconmaster
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
ok i just wasnt sure if they were done considering no advertizing in dws for left overs thats all

FW_cArBoN
12-23-2010, 12:28 PM
KTM produced 2010 models of both the XC and SX in Europe, they just didn't release them to the US due to low sales and overstock of KTM's here. From what I've heard, the stock in the US is getting low, and there are talks of KTM bringing a new model here in 2011. Lets hope!!!

And I don't think you'll have any problems getting parts. OEM manufacturers carry parts for many years after production stops. My KTM SX is the best built quad I've owned, the quality and attention to detail is untouched among the other manufacturers out there, stock for stock. I've owned (2) SX's and (2) XC's, I surely won't be changing brands any time soon!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something new from KTM in the next year or two!