PDA

View Full Version : General Wheel/Tire Question

450R NOOB
12-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm looking for new wheels because mine are bent to hell and won't hold air at all. I don't know what size the wheel is because they were on there when I bought the quad (Honda 450). The tires are 20x11x9. Do I need a rim that is 11x9 or can I use anything else. I think my current rim diameter is 10 inches so I was just wondering.

trailrider894
12-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 450R NOOB
I'm looking for new wheels because mine are bent to hell and won't hold air at all. I don't know what size the wheel is because they were on there when I bought the quad (Honda 450). The tires are 20x11x9. Do I need a rim that is 11x9 or can I use anything else. I think my current rim diameter is 10 inches so I was just wondering.

okay. lets get a lesson on tire size. I am guessing you are talking about the rear wheels. The 20x##x## is the overall height of the tire. The ##x11x## is the width of the tire. The ##x##x9 is the size of the rim.

So that being said, you will need a 9 inch rim, the most common size is 9x9. When purchasing tires you usually try to get a tire that is 1 or 2 inches wider than the rim itself. So as long as the last number in the tire matches your wheel, it will fit. So buying a 9x9 wheel will be a PERFECT fit with a 20x11x9 wheel.

Good luck!!!

TheLane
12-15-2010, 06:44 PM
if you have tires made for a 9 inch rim and you have a 10 inch rim on there, that would be why your not holding air! :)....it probably tore the tire, or overstreched it.....if someone was even able to realistically get it on there, and if they did i want to meet this person :P

trailrider894
12-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
if you have tires made for a 9 inch rim and you have a 10 inch rim on there, that would be why your not holding air! :)....it probably tore the tire, or overstreched it.....if someone was even able to realistically get it on there, and if they did i want to meet this person :P

X2

chronicsmoke
12-21-2010, 01:41 PM
He probably measured the diameter from the edge of the rolled lip.. 10" rims arent to common for the 450r.. around here anyway