PDA

View Full Version : Flabby Fenders Fix?

trailrider894
12-14-2010, 12:29 PM
SO........ i was totally thinking has anyone every though of making a brace that runs along the back of the fenders in order to remove that annoying flab that the fenders get? or does somebody have a solution to this? it is REALLY annoying me because i feel it.

CJM
12-14-2010, 12:31 PM
If you were to take some thinner aluminum flat bar and glue it to fender using epoxy then mount it to the frame somehow..

IDK tbh I have cut fenders.

trailrider894
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by CJM
If you were to take some thinner aluminum flat bar and glue it to fender using epoxy then mount it to the frame somehow..

IDK tbh I have cut fenders.

Those were my thoughts, i guess when i get over this tiredness from mono i will head out and look at it.

finsteratv
12-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Those were my thoughts, i guess when i get over this tiredness from mono i will head out and look at it.
hmm the kissing diseasee

RATPACK Z400
12-15-2010, 08:49 AM
put sticks under fenders so they are sitting up ,set out in sun(or heat gun) for awhile then put brackets on .will look like new fenders !I hated the sagging fender look so everyday i put quad away sticks went under fenders. After awhile fenders were higher than stock. In rear

trailrider894
12-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I am thinking about getting some aluminum and bending it to fit the length of the rear, then somehow mounting it to the quad. This might epicly fail but whatever. lol Its just a thought.

jcs003
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
i never notice the fenders flapping and i have an older set of maiers.

trailrider894
12-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i never notice the fenders flapping and i have an older set of maiers.

MY stockers aren't flappy when you just mess with them, but when you are jumping and such they move a ton!! They newer bikes don't have this problem.

tayyo789
12-15-2010, 03:18 PM
without the braces in the rear, they flap a ton, and its really annoying. I just cut mine off, but the new ones have a bracket that goes out like on the 450r to support them. it can't be that hard to make a bracket that goes out like 6 to 8 inches, even if you have to bolt it to the actual plastics

CJM
12-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Ok looking at the rear plastics I think I came up with an idea:

Get some 1/4 or 1/2 wide x 1/8 or so think flat bar. Get some 8mm bolts and nylock nuts. Then get some small u bolts and nylock nuts

Take the flatbar and attach it to the rear subframe by the grab bar under the plastics using the u bolts. Then try and bend it to match the shape of the plastics. Finally 2 choices I see: 1. Drill the fender and bolt it thru, 2. Epoxy the bolt on REALLY well to the underside of the plastic (or maybe the nut, might hold up better) and your good to go.

I think #2 would work rather well-just remember you can remove the seat that easy anymore. My old suzuki had a similar setup where the plastics bolted straight thru to the same kinda bar that attached to the grab bar.

Now, if you were really crafty you could take some 3/16 rod and use what looks like a pipe holder (for water pipes) im not sure where to get something along those lines really small-maybe the gate latches you can get kinda like some bathroom stalls use (you want the piece of metal that it actually goes into here) and put that on the plastics with epoxy and then somehow attach the rod to the frame?? Making it all friction fit or maybe a simple pin you can pull on the frame side might work so you can remove the seat easier?

BlasterEaten250
12-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i never notice the fenders flapping and i have an older set of maiers. Mine flap like crazy and really the only annoying thing is the sound when going over things like studder bumps.