PDA

View Full Version : New Harness Connector Build up

slamdak8782
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Well I read on another post on here that it would be easy to build your own harness. Well I searched the internet high and low and could not find a correct connector for the CDI, regulator and other misc parts. Anyways I was wondering what anyone else on here might know. Im interested in building a complete new harness assembly. I need part numbers for the connectors. From what I read it looks like some cart motors and also the 05 450r have a very similar connector to what is on the R CDI so parts should be out there. I can build it if I can find the Connectors. Really the biggest issue is the CDI. Im pretty sure the rest can be made to work with weatherpack connectors and and male female pin setups. Well last year I pretty much built a harness but I had to rig up the CDI portion because I have some oddball CDI that isn't stock. I would like to build some better ones with wire loom and such so... If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be cool.

sameltoe
12-13-2010, 08:28 PM
maybe delphi connecters of some sort?

DnB_racing
12-13-2010, 08:49 PM
like sam says delphi, or possibly AMP I forget which one ill look tomorow when I get to my shop

jcs003
12-15-2010, 01:08 AM
i have heard about the factory connectors being a big flaw in the 250r's electrical system. also, a friend of mine, who is an electrical engineer, said a system such as this(250r) would benefit for a thicker gage ground wire. hopefully wilkin will chime in on this thread, as he is an electrical engineer.

DnB_racing
12-15-2010, 06:37 AM
im not an electrical engineer but I do know that one of the biggest problems isn't the size of the ground wire but more of the condition of the connections, any paint, dirt, loose connections or corrosion is a big contributing factor to poor grounds, the block is carrying much of the grounding system,
as such there are many areas that can be the week link, a bigger wire of course wouldn't hurt but it doesn't have to be huge as the length of the wire doesn't contribute to much voltage loss,

I too would like wilkins to chime in : im curious as to what size is recomended for the harness