PDA

View Full Version : which 50

jmt450
12-13-2010, 07:06 PM
my son turns 4 in january and just wondering if the drr would be best one for mx?
thanks,jason

EthansDad
12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
depends on his physical size really. my little girl is 4 and I started her at 3yr on a much smaller quad (dinili 50) which was easier for her to control. she could comfortably sit, stand (and have her butt clear the seat) and reach all the levers. she also had no problem "muscling" the little wheel base quad around.

she's now bigger and can do the same on a DRR 50. I'm actually building one up for her to ride for next year. the nice thing about them, if the kid "fits" is you can do a good deal to the bike to slow it down, yet still make it very rideable. The stock shocks and such are enough (even the older pre-2011 ones) to handle what most 4 yrs old can dish out. I would still recommend having guessets put on the frame even if your kid is just jumping 4-6 inches off the ground. yes really.

-EA

selbygirl
12-13-2010, 09:07 PM
i started my boy on a suzuki 50 the newer stile there real small and slow he was 3 1/2 but the bike was a good steping stone and the little suzukis seem to hold a good resale value , he was around 4 when i put him on a drr he loves it once you get them tuned in for your rider and stle of rideing there little tanks ther tuff , we had a apex he hated it but that was his his choice ford or chevy everone has ther preferance good luck tommy

jmt450
12-14-2010, 08:04 AM
thanks for the info. he has already been riding a chinese piece of .... for about 2 years so its time to move up.

jay67
12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
I have a drr 50 for sale if you are interested

dgmiller
12-14-2010, 09:26 AM
my boy is 4 also he's been riding a honda 90 but cant race it for a few more years so i'm getting him a DRR 50. i would think thats your best and really only choice.