PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sore!

Crazy Honda
02-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Well I just raced my first race and man im sore . Just wanted to know what you do befor a race to keep from getting stiff and sore.

02-11-2003, 11:48 AM
don't race and you won't get sore..that's the only thing i know of...LOL

What kinda race was it???

look in this forum and you'll find tons of good info on preparing for races...;)

raptor_02
02-11-2003, 01:14 PM
i went riding the other day and got sore. That's how bad out of shape I was. But the training is starting so no more getting tired during races. I about puked last year during a race :(

MxDale71
02-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Just keep racing and practicing regularly and try to stretch a little before the race. Also, stretch some at night before you go to bed. You'll get sore no matter what if you haven't raced before or if it's just been a long time. It goes away after a while, as long as you ride regularly. Lifting weights and stuff is good to keep you in shape, but MX, XC, and just about any other kind of racing is all about endurance. You can lift weights every day of your life, and be strong as he// but I'll garuntee you that you'll be very sore after your first race anyways.

P.S. I'm not saying it's not a good idea to lift weights, I'm just saying it's not necissarly the best way to keep in shape for racing. Try running, and digging. You'd be suprised how much of a work out you get if your using a shovel for a few hours straight. That used to be my job... digging and spreading dirt by hand (shovel)... and it definitely kept me in good shape.

400grl
02-11-2003, 02:51 PM
I just adhere to a strict diet of Tylenol and water for two days after I race.....well - and food....but the Tylenol is a lifesaver! I'm always sore after a race! It's a good pain, though....right???:ermm: :D ;)

Razorback
02-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Well I just raced my first race and man im sore . Just wanted to know what you do befor a race to keep from getting stiff and sore.

Ha! Just wait until you get old like me :eek:

Buzzsaw
02-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Razorback
Ha! Just wait until you get old like me :eek:

You are OLD!! So how is the 416 coming along?

Crazy Honda
02-11-2003, 11:14 PM
sounds like I need to work on endurance a bit. all help appreciated. glad it only lasted a short while much better now
:D

QuadJunkies
02-12-2003, 08:29 AM
`no matter how in shape you are,you wll always be a lil sore..Stretching is always the bestway to help,drink lots of water, try taking Ibuprofen before and after you ride,if you ride on a reg. basis you wont be as sore, I think the worst thing to be sore on me is my neck and my wrists when i ride..Razorback...Oh, I know what ya mean ..we fall harder too:p

Sparks425Ex
02-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Drink Water and Stretch Out a Little.....

02-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by raptor_02
I about puked last year during a race :(
i puked all over the side of my truck last year after a race:D

and taking pain killers like tylenol before a race is a bad idea. it will thin the blood and slow cloting down if you wreck and start bleeding. or atleast thats what my mom said and shes a nurse:confused2 :confused2 :confused2

Razorback
02-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Buzzsaw
You are OLD!! So how is the 416 coming along?

It's coming along. A couple of parts were on back order, so it should be another week and I'll have it. I'm also getting my rear shock rebuilt, so hopefully that'll be a nice addition too :)

660bigdaddy
02-12-2003, 04:19 PM
i always take 2 tylenol before i race xc. i know i'm going to hurt when i'm done so i get a headstart on the pain:macho