PDA

View Full Version : New DS

motox_rider695
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
well i just sold my honda for a can am, finally picked her up last week. I was just wondering what you guys first did to the quad. Its an 2008 and i kno that they had the most problems outta them all.

any help is appreciated

craigmacphee
12-13-2010, 07:48 AM
The first thing I did was cut my plastic, stripped off all un-necessary lights and reflectors, cut the pink wire, installed race ecu, slip on exhaust, k&N filter, and kill tether. It made it through its first year of racing MX with these mods.

motox_rider695
12-14-2010, 06:22 PM
is there anything i should worry about the frame? so is the frame reinforcement kit necessary?

Some of the jumps that i'll be hitting are 90ft gaps so im just making sure that i won't have any problems

TNT
12-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Not really, there are two frame members up front that fail but we never know who or when so if it happens to you there are lots of options to fix them. Mean time keep all frame bolts tight get the reenforcement kit or if you are handy make them thicker and wider(do a search there is alot of frame out here), or the BRP 2010/2011 is wider and better. There is also a hip frame bulletin you should make sure you have, get your dealer, BCS, or MW's to show you.

motox_rider695
12-15-2010, 11:56 AM
thanks TNT i was hoping that you'd post something up. I was using the search n found someone saying that you dont like the reinforcement kit on the can am. But couldn't find your actual post on whether you like them or not.

I kno about the hip and i do remember seeing you post up a picture of adding another bolt for strength, now i jus have to find it again...

rrguy
12-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Kinda depends what your plans are sounds like you are going to race it?

TNT
12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
We've seen everyone from trail riders to racers fail that area. It's a hard call, if you have the stock 08/09 reinforcements BRP/BCS sold that fail sometimes then leave it alone until it fails since if you take out that strong permanent huck bolt/rivet your asking for trouble. If you don't have the kit and already have a bolt there anyway got little money make a better doubler like DVXchic did(see thread page 2 "Well it finally happen"), or go with the BRP 2010/2011 design we have seen none fail out here last season. BRP has a bulletin on how to remove the huck bolt properly you can get at the dealer. If you can afford more I hear adreneline ATV is selling solid frame members made of solid bar stock bent to shape at the expense of a little weight. There are more options but there are some good ones. Good luck!

motox_rider695
12-15-2010, 08:55 PM
yes i do plan on racing mx, i dont go on the trails much but every so often, but the quad will be seeing the track a lot more.

thanks TNT ill be sure to check out those pages