PDA

View Full Version : 05 450r xc info

outlaw12
12-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Im getting started in xc racing this coming spring so im interested to know what are some key elements to do to the quad to get ready, i already have triple rate elkas on stock arms and a dual rate rear. stock motor with jet kit and hmf pipe. any help with motor, suspension, anything would help! thanks!

DnB_racing
12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
a lot of the XC racing requires a 96 db reading and most of the hmf pipes are above the rating, if your pipe has a movable end pipe on it angle it towards the inside of the quad, as the reading is taken from 1' back and 6" to the right, by pointing it away from the meter you can still run your pipe

Scro
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Ask your series about the requirements. I've actually never been checked for sound levels at either the GNCC's or Midsouth races. The two most important things are a good set of tires and skids. You can't win a race if your quad can't withstand the punishment. I wouldn't touch the motor until you are pushing it to its limits. More motor than you need will only wear you out quicker.

DnB_racing
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
every race Ive been to or been in has required a tether switch

airmobile101
12-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Ask your series about the requirements. I've actually never been checked for sound levels at either the GNCC's or Midsouth races. The two most important things are a good set of tires and skids. You can't win a race if your quad can't withstand the punishment. I wouldn't touch the motor until you are pushing it to its limits. More motor than you need will only wear you out quicker.
x2

airmobile101
12-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Make sure you have a good belly and skid plate. Other than what you mentioned, I think your ready to roll. Also, get yourself some Blue Loctite,because your gonna need that chit:D

riggsracin
12-16-2010, 04:48 PM
steering stabilizer, good tires like rzr2 or gncc, hand guards, good bumpers, keep bike with fresh oil and filters,