PDA

View Full Version : trailtech computer

odie
02-11-2003, 10:09 AM
any of you guys have that trailtech computer that says how fast you are going and stuff like that.are they any good or worth the money.where can you install them if you don't by the handelbar clamp?if have any pics post.

DGR Designs
02-11-2003, 10:14 AM
they are well worth it. theres instructions on hoe to mount it to your plastic int the mounting kit. i dont have any pics but to you and anyone else that has one. DO NOT LEAVE IT OUT IN THE COLD AND TRY AND TAKE IT OUTTA THE HOLDER! i did and i snapped the back off. i fixed it with alot of cursing and a tube of superglue and a small handheld butane torch but yea to asnwer your question, they are a good deal i think

Doibugu2
02-11-2003, 10:16 AM
There are several threads about this.

But I love mine. It comes with its own mounting clamp. The one your talking about is an extra. You can mount it anywhere on your handle bars. If you do a search, I know you find several threads with pictures.

I like it because it has the clock. I don't where a watch, thats one of the main reason why I bought it. Its actually tough to look at the speedo when your riding, because if you look down, you might hit something.

Loeryder
02-11-2003, 10:31 AM
I used a Catseye Digital Speedo thats designed for bicycles and just modified the pick up.
About 1/10th the cost :devil

Also has:
MAX Speed, Avg Speed, Miles ridden, Hours ridden (only clocks time when it senses movement), lap counters, clock, checkpoint miles/times, lots of stuff I haven't even gotten to yet.

I have the display set up so it reads current speed in large #s and Max speed in smaller #s just above.

The speedo is fully programmable to any tire size and I have checked its accuracy up to 55mph with a pace vehicle.

FYI I have clocked my 300EX at 65mph flat out on the sand.
Once I got a 74mph max but it HAD to be an error from jumping.
It'd take quite a bit to get a mostly stock 300 to go 74.

muff
02-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
There are several threads about this.

But I love mine. It comes with its own mounting clamp. The one your talking about is an extra. You can mount it anywhere on your handle bars. If you do a search, I know you find several threads with pictures.

I like it because it has the clock. I don't where a watch, thats one of the main reason why I bought it. Its actually tough to look at the speedo when your riding, because if you look down, you might hit something.

same here, I love mine and it hasnt had any problems with the cold

mysticfalcon
02-11-2003, 02:23 PM
be careful of gas with them. I tiped my quad onto teh grab bar to straighten the skid plate and when i did a few drops of gas from the breather tube hit it and it turned inot a pile of mush. With it being mounted right by teh gas cap you would think they would use plastic that can resist it. I called trailtech for a replacement and they said too bad.

luvmyex
02-11-2003, 04:19 PM
mine didnt last very long.either the sun or the carwash screwed it up.

bklyn400ex
02-11-2003, 06:44 PM
get the billet mount i flipped last week and the plastic mounting cracked right off i almost destroyed the screen, i would advise the billet mount but its kinda pricey but it looks real nice

Woodsrider
02-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Mine is mounted just like Muffs. I love it, havent had any problems with at all. Two things I never do.....
1) hit it with the pressure washer, and 2) put it in my pocket when I fuel up. It only takes a second to remove and snap back on.

blusteel1
02-12-2003, 08:21 PM
i have one for sale on ebay with the billet dashboard peice. heres the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2403479012&rd=1

bklyn400ex
02-12-2003, 09:54 PM
u wanna sell me the billet??

blusteel1
02-13-2003, 04:01 AM
sorry i realy need to sell all of it

bklyn400ex
02-13-2003, 01:22 PM
what u want for the whole thing?

blusteel1
02-13-2003, 04:30 PM
100.00 plus shipping