PDA

View Full Version : no cobra's in worcs series?

desratt
12-12-2010, 01:27 PM
just noticed some changes in the worcs rulebook..
THe single speed class is no longer there.
am I right by saying no more cobra's
or what would the cobra single speed race in?

yfz450bb07
12-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Well with limited amount of cobra's that there are on the west coast I don't blame them, BUT they should just put them with the 70's but oh no they can't do that cause them darn cobra's just have way to much of an advantage!!!! Oh but it gets better cause when they start the class's out they always start the fastest class 1st and then so on and on, so then since the cobra's are so superier to them darn cvt's that they can't run in the standard 70 OPEN class, that they have to have a ss class for the cobra's even though there was usually only 3-4 cobra's at each race. So with that being the case the Cobra's should be 1st up on the line but NOOOO they have to get them 70cc cvt's up there 1st cause they don't want them SLOWER kids to get in there way!!!!!

Also why is it that this series also consider's the SHIFTER bike class's cc level go up to 125 for 2 strokes and 250 4-strokes???? Seems I always thought most shifter's had up to 110 2 strokes and the 150 4-stokes......OK now i'm done!!!!!!

gistmarrs
12-13-2010, 09:30 AM
I saw the new rules last week and thought the same thing. I sent an e-mail to WORCS asking them about this. I was planning on having my son run WORCS next year but they think that shifter bikes start at 125cc 2-strokes and above.

What about Pitster, Extreme, Yamaha, Cobra, etc? No classes for those bikes. DRR and Apex have several to chose from.

riding4fun
12-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Good luck getting an answer I sent an email to them weeks ago and never got an answer to my question.

There was a shifter production and shifter production sport that had 65-85cc 2 stroke and up to 150cc 4 stroke. I don't see that listed anymore either.

Ryko racing
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
WOW, SOUNDS LIKE COBRA BETTER STEP UP AND PUT UP SOME SPONSOR CASH. FUNNY HOW THAT USUSALLY MAKES A RULE CHANGE COME ABOUT.

MOST 70 CVTS WILL OUTRUN A SINGLE SPEED COBRA WITH ALL THE NEW TECHNOLOGY.

GOOD LUCK RACERS

desratt
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
so if some one shows up with a single speed they are actually going to turn them away..

Ryko racing
12-13-2010, 03:21 PM
The atva would make them run shifter class if it was not a cvt.

i would not assume that they would let you run. This is a National series and the parents would never allow it when it came right down to it.

raidernut
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by yfz450bb07
Well with limited amount of cobra's that there are on the west coast I don't blame them, BUT they should just put them with the 70's but oh no they can't do that cause them darn cobra's just have way to much of an advantage!!!! Oh but it gets better cause when they start the class's out they always start the fastest class 1st and then so on and on, so then since the cobra's are so superier to them darn cvt's that they can't run in the standard 70 OPEN class, that they have to have a ss class for the cobra's even though there was usually only 3-4 cobra's at each race. So with that being the case the Cobra's should be 1st up on the line but NOOOO they have to get them 70cc cvt's up there 1st cause they don't want them SLOWER kids to get in there way!!!!!

Also why is it that this series also consider's the SHIFTER bike class's cc level go up to 125 for 2 strokes and 250 4-strokes???? Seems I always thought most shifter's had up to 110 2 strokes and the 150 4-stokes......OK now i'm done!!!!!!

First off the Cobras were not put up front because it was only a couple that were showing up, and they were only showing up at a few of the rounds. They were not going to change the order up for a couple of bikes that showed up at select events that didnt travel the series like the rest.

As far as the shifter sizes being 125 2 stroke and 250 4 stroke, again those classes were made at the request of the riders that were traveling the whole series and wanted the bigger classes.

It was much easier to make classes a few years ago before the country went broke, and more shifters and cobras were traveling the series, but now that they have less riders they are going to cater to those who travel the entire circuit. Im quite sure if the shifter riders came back to the series they would be accomodated.
The same thing is going on in the GNCC series.

Ryko racing
12-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Doesnt sound like a PRO ACTIVE way to grow the sport but i do understsnd that it IS a business.

Hopefully in the next year or so we can get a real promoter to have a true National Caliber series. Until that happens the BIG OEMS will not put up the money to support us.

I think WPSA had the right idea just not deep enough pockets.

But they did show that it CAN be done.

Until then lets RACE....

raidernut
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
The WORCS series does have a REAL promoter that has done more for youth racing than any series promoter in the country. The facts are that the classes were offered and there were about 4 entries for an entire season. Doesnt make sense to have a class with 4 total entries, and no championship handed out at seasons end. Like i said in my previous post, if enough cobras to make a legitimate class showed an interest in racing more than one race in a 10 month series, then i am sure he WILL accommodate them as he has done in the past.

One thing that was a factor in the declining numbers is the Cobras were designed as an MX bike, and WORCS is off-road racing. In the beginning guys were having a hard time even finishing a race. There were several guys from washington that spent a lot of time, getting the bikes to where they could finish the races. They did a great job and had the bikes working well, but there still were just a handful, making traveling 10,000 miles over a 9 month series not that attractive.

Cobra has not exactly stepped up to help these people out either, by offering Cobra bucks etc. to only ATVA and GNCC. DRR and Apex however have been helping people in the series for years.

Ryko racing
12-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I understand your point. As a matter of fact we switched from Apexes to cobras in 2007 as we preferred the Cobras.

I am just saying that if they really wanted more riders they would at least make them legal in the classses that they have.( at least a kid could race if he showed up since most CVTS are faster nowadays anyhow.)

As far as driving a distance WE drove about 11000 miles last year to race Nationals with full gates. ( UNFORTUNATELY THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES IN THUS SPORT) so i really dont see where that had any bearing on the rules.
If our promoters dont make it so that all brand s can compete the sport will CONTINUE TO LOSE RACERS. I am not bashing any promoter in particular but the current promoters need to GET TOGETHER TO BRING THE OEMS BACK. ( MY SON WANTS TO BE A PRO RACER BUT IF HE CANT MAKE A LIVING DOING IT AT 20 YRS OLD IT IS A SHAME.( ESPECIALLY WHEN A 10TH PLACE BIKE RACER CAN MAKE A LIVING DOING IT. HENCE THE OEM DOLLARS.

Just my thoughts so please dont take it personal.

raidernut
12-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I dont take anything personal when it comes to growing this sport. You have valid points as well. I am sure the promoter went over the numbers from 2010, and made the classes accordingly. He basically bases them off of the ATVA to keep a common ground. He is always willing to look at and make changes, but he is not going to do it for 2 bikes, that come to one round.

As far as getting OEM's involved in youth racing our promoter is doing just that by pushing production based 250 (raptor) classes, and even 450 classes for capable 14-15 year olds. I for one cant wait for that, and get away from the mini's. Cant imagine what ill do with all the extra time on my hands at the track though:D

So what;s the mileage on your truck? I bought mine new in 06, and dont drive it anywhere really but racing. Just turned 62,000:scary:

Ryko racing
12-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Im lucky that i get a company truck so i drive it for " business use"
but we put around 20 k a year on our vehicles between our motorhome and truck for racing.

I am very intrigued on the crf 250 engine thing.
My son wants one so bad.

Currently i am trying to get him cleared to race as he recieved 2 concussions last year and has a possible complication that may end racing but we are staying positive.

Good luck to you guys this season.

raidernut
12-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Man sorry to hear that, i hope he is ok.

desratt
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I see every point but where there are rows with no one in them. then it doesn't hurt or cost anything more to have that empty row allow a ss if there happens to be one there.

my truck is an 09 and just turned 45,000. we raced 46 weekends in the last year!

raidernut
12-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by desratt
I see every point but where there are rows with no one in them. then it doesn't hurt or cost anything more to have that empty row allow a ss if there happens to be one there.

my truck is an 09 and just turned 45,000. we raced 46 weekends in the last year!

maybe he got tired of ordering trophies for classes that no one was showing up for?

gistmarrs
12-15-2010, 12:04 PM
One thing that would help would be to adopt GNCC-like classes since they are similar series. GNCC's classes are very straight forward, they have a limited 90 and a mod 90. All 90cc and under 2 strokes and 125cc and under 4 strokes go in those classes.

Why do the shifters get treated like second class citizens in WORCS? If the Cobra's have a hard time finishing like you suggest, then all of the DRR's and Apex's should have nothing to fear.

raidernut
12-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I dont believe anyone's fearing anything, and i never said the Cobras have a hard time finishing, i said they did in the begining

No one is being treated like a second class citizen. There are kids doing quite well on shifter's, and they have exciting races, but they are within the established rules. The shifter classes are the way they are, not because the promoter dictated it, but because the riders and parents with shifters that travel the series all requested it, so he accomodated the group.

FISH ON!
12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by gistmarrs
One thing that would help would be to adopt GNCC-like classes since they are similar series. GNCC's classes are very straight forward, they have a limited 90 and a mod 90. All 90cc and under 2 strokes and 125cc and under 4 strokes go in those classes.

Why do the shifters get treated like second class citizens in WORCS? If the Cobra's have a hard time finishing like you suggest, then all of the DRR's and Apex's should have nothing to fear.

Interestingly enough, GNCC is currently changing the class structure for 2011 to accomodate the increasing popularity of the shifter quads. There will be two 90 CVT only classes separated by age groups and the shifters will be restricted to the modified class which is AMA production only quads, no hybrids. You can run a CVT in the Mod class but you're potentially running against fully modified shifters. The limited class is going away which is a shame. That was a good low cost class to run. Their bottom line was they wouldn't increase the number of classes since the starting line needs to have a min of 10 quads to receive sponsor contingency dollars and GNCC doesn't forsee an increase in rider participation. The Apex 85 needs a place to run and nobody wants to mix that with CVTs.

On the East coast in our mud infested woods races, you can pump a lot of money in a CVT and make it run with the best of the shifters no doubt, but keeping it together for 60 to 70 minutes is a challenge for sure. That extra 15 to 20 minutes longer versus WORCS makes a big difference. Keeping the CVT dry and cool being the biggest challenge. The way the most of the tracks were laid out this year, it takes a CVT on steroids to run with a stock Cobra with comparable riders.

The Yami 125 thumper looks to be the way to go for woods racing once the engine secrets are out, Bill Ballance racing is taking that one on and I'm sure they will come out with a nice package for that machine.

For you MXers, that's a whole different ball game.

raidernut
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by FISH ON! "but keeping it together for 60 to 70 minutes is a challenge for sure. That extra 15 to 20 minutes longer versus WORCS makes a big difference".

I agree keeping them running for an extra 15 minutes would be quite a challenge and props go out to those who manage it. Unfortunately for us, we do the 40-45 minute races 3 times a weekend, not including friday practice:(

Thanks for posting the GNCC class information, interesting.

bignasty
12-16-2010, 11:18 AM
we looked at the corba before we got so involved this year, but like Raider says if only four kids show up to race it wasn't worth the trip for us and wouldn't make jr a better racer.

riding4fun
12-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Mark,
Since WORCS didn't answer my email maybe you can find out.
Not sure how many we will make but we will have a CR85 Apex. If we show up, could be up to 6 rounds will they put us in the 250 class.

Seems like since there will be alot more of the smaller shifters they should give it more time. The raptor 125, cr85 apex and pitsters are recently new and more and more will be getting out of CVT's.

Darrell

raidernut
12-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Darrell

worcs is launching a new website, and their email system is probably having bugs. I will see what if i can find out. I can tell you that most of the riders that were on the larger shifters, have moved out of the class, and into the entry level 450 classes. So even if you show up and are in that class, you may not even have to face a 250.

riding4fun
12-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks Mark

desratt
12-16-2010, 06:22 PM
back to my origional post. I am concerned about the cobra 50 which is a single speed.. I know with last years rules we could have raced it in the 70 ss class. but now there is nothing.

all the shifter classes are older age groups then my kid.

bignasty
12-16-2010, 07:57 PM
The sunday race for sure would finish it. I've seen the single speed design. So would that be allowed in the stock 50 class?:)

raidernut
12-16-2010, 08:44 PM
back to my origional post. I am concerned about the cobra 50 which is a single speed.. I know with last years rules we could have raced it in the 70 ss class. but now there is nothing.

all the shifter classes are older age groups then my kid.

Do you have a cobra 50 you are planning on racing? or are you just wondering? The classes went away, because no one raced them, which is quite understandable. Why keep a class when nobody races it?

Im trying to determine how many of you actually have the bikes, and are planning on doing the series, before i get myself involved in helping.

raidernut
12-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by bignasty
The sunday race for sure would finish it. I've seen the single speed design. So would that be allowed in the stock 50 class?:)

No it would not be allowed in the stock 50 class, as it is CVT only same as ATVA and almost all other series, and yes the Cobra would have no problem finishing the Sunday MX only race.

bignasty
12-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Lol...I knew the answer raider.. that why my post said about running the cvt's. It is the best series for somebody like use who travel so far. Three races is plenty for the jockey and the trainer.:) :)

raidernut
12-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by bignasty
Lol...I knew the answer raider.. that why my post said about running the cvt's. It is the best series for somebody like use who travel so far. Three races is plenty for the jockey and the trainer.:) :)

???Dale are you drinking wine on a thursday night?
:D

TTracer#22
12-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Trust me I went down this road I owned 3 of them unless you have lots and lots of time to work on your kids bike I wouldn't go the Cobra route. I believe all of the Washington riders except for Missy have all moved up and she only raced the Washington round last year. The Cobra just isn't built to ride wide open for 40-50 min.

JMO

Full Throttle00
12-17-2010, 04:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ryko racing
I am just saying that if they really wanted more riders they would at least make them legal in the classses that they have.( at least a kid could race if he showed up since most CVTS are faster nowadays anyhow.)

If our promoters dont make it so that all brand s can compete the sport will CONTINUE TO LOSE RACERS. .
Being a [I]"Cobra Trainer for a fast Jockey of Washington"[/I the Cobra was a bit tough in the beginning, but after working out a few little kinks and learning curve (primarily Radiator, Skid Plate, Sprocket & Rotor Guards) they ran with the best 70s, 90's, shifters, and Womens classes for an hour. Yes, primarily built for MX but once your kid rides one, the $10,000 dollar+ CVT stayes parked out back plus it rides & handles like no other.

As for WORCS classes, there were never CVT only classes until a Cobra or 2 showed up and hence the invention of the seperate Cobra class :rolleyes: a few years ago and primary reason the lack of constant entries since. There was no need for the additional classes in the first place. All the kids were really bummed when they learned they would no longer be competing with the kids they ran with for 2-4 years prior and still competing with eachother.
The question of practicality and reality had become more clear to the 4-5 Cobra's,,,, Drive thousands of miles and compete for a WORCS Cobra Championship, missing school & work or..... stay in the back yard and compete with the same 4-5 and drive a few hundred miles and compete for the same bragging rights. Cobra didn't show up to offer support or contingencies on their part either.

I will agree with Scott and others, to keep numbers up and consistantly fill the gates and classes with fast riders is to let all machine types/brands be combinde otherwise each class will always continue to only have 3-5 really-really fast racers and 8-10 fast racers and that gets old to watch like re-runs of Dukes of Hazard after a while.

raidernut
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Again this brings me back to my previous question. To the ones who actually own the bikes how many of you are actually willing to commit to traveling the qualifying 60% of the series if the classes accommodated your machine? Im not here to waste the time with a cvt vs cobra argument, im trying to gauge interest to see if i can help the effected people out.

bignasty
12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
:) :) you already know me too welll lol!!!!

yfz450bb07
12-18-2010, 12:37 AM
So what your saying is unless I travel and do the hole series I'm not worthy of showing up at a single race and being allowed to ride?? Hmmm that seems fair. By the way what makes the Sunday race an open class when it still only allows the same bikes in it as the Saturday production class??

raidernut
12-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by yfz450bb07
So what your saying is unless I travel and do the hole series I'm not worthy of showing up at a single race and being allowed to ride?? Hmmm that seems fair. By the way what makes the Sunday race an open class when it still only allows the same bikes in it as the Saturday production class??

First off you putting words in my mouth. No one said if your just racing one race im not going to lobby for you, im just trying to get as much ammunition as i can before i approach the promoter, and of course its going to be an easier road if i can tell him that enough riders will be involved in the required 60 percent of the series. For some reason you think i make the rules, well I dont.

My family has been involved in WORCS for 7 years, and have traveled to about 60 events around the country. When we first started there were 4 mini classes, and we raced the same weekend as dirt bikes. I have worked non stop to grow this series and the sport as a whole, and am proud of my families accomplishments. The series now offers 16 youth classes, more than ATVA and GNCC. We have also have an established WORCS kids program, and much more.

As far as your production class vs open class CVT question. They made the two classes, although they are basically the same, so if you drove 1000 miles to race, you can race on Saturday and Sunday. You may not appreciate that, but most people do. And if you read the rules they are different:

Production 70: CVT ONLY, Frame must have stock geometry, motor center case must remain stock.

Open Classes :CVT ONLY, Any modification to any part of the ATV is allowed.

At any rate, i am still going to try to gather information on class interest and try to help for those who want it and appreciate it.

bignasty
12-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Maybe Mark a shifter class with a max cc of 125 4-stroke and 70cc or 90cc 2 stroke. This would get yamaha involved with their new 125 raptor.

desratt
12-18-2010, 01:51 PM
we don't own one my son is only 5 and can only race the 50cc stock. but we had already made calls and the plan was a cobra 50 with a 70cc kit and larger radiator. and he would race that when he turns 6 part way through the year..
I am trying to look a ways down the road all the time.
if they just said they would only trophy with a minimum amount of riders in the class. I can't see where they would be out anything by offering it.

hope no one thinks I am being as arse.
THis was our first complete worcs season and LOVED it. I am also alittle disapointed about the recent anouncement about the www.worldmxracing.com series. as we also did that complete series last year. but I do understand that.

raidernut
12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
we don't own one my son is only 5 and can only race the 50cc stock. but we had already made calls and the plan was a cobra 50 with a 70cc kit and larger radiator. and he would race that when he turns 6 part way through the year..
I am trying to look a ways down the road all the time.
if they just said they would only trophy with a minimum amount of riders in the class. I can't see where they would be out anything by offering it.

hope no one thinks I am being as arse.
THis was our first complete worcs season and LOVED it. I am also alittle disapointed about the recent anouncement about the www.worldmxracing.com series. as we also did that complete series last year. but I do understand that.

Just my opinion, although they are awesome bikes, dont waste your money on the Cobra, unless you want to watch your kid ride around and race himself all season unless something changes.

We will have a real fast 70 and a real fast 90 for sale at seasons end.

qcitytile
12-18-2010, 03:08 PM
atva has a 90 2 stroke 125 4 stroke production class. Which alows the honda's, cobra's, pister, 125 raptor's, and cvt's. This way there is a class for pretty much all production made mini's. Shifter or not. Maybe the turnout would be better for a simular class

raidernut
12-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by qcitytile
atva has a 90 2 stroke 125 4 stroke production class. Which alows the honda's, cobra's, pister, 125 raptor's, and cvt's. This way there is a class for pretty much all production made mini's. Shifter or not. Maybe the turnout would be better for a simular class

We had the exact same class, but all the riders that were in it, lobbyed worcs for the cc's to be upped. As a group they all decided to go with the larger CC class. What is happening now, is people are bypassing the VERY expensive shifter classes and going from the minis straight to the production 250 (RAPTOR) classes, were it is much more reasonable to afford to race. WORCS has stepped up and made classes specifically for this machine. This is what we will be doing after this season.

travis rimmer
12-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Ok I've read enough here's my 2 cents I've spent the the money building a drr with all the best to just watch cobras out handle better and the kids have more fun we made the switch to cobras and had our problems but it's a lot better machine and my kids already doing jumps and riding faster than he ever has and isn't that what's first kids having fun and riding the best machine then racing second I read all the time buy this so he can race that but I say buy what's best and let the rest work it's self out the cobras and the cvt's should run together the cvt is alot faster now adays and the faster kid normaly wins put the kids in age groups and run what u brung

raidernut
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM
[i] the cobras and the cvt's should run together the cvt is alot faster now adays and the faster kid normaly wins put the kids in age groups and run what u brung [/B]

Is that what the ATVA is doing as well?

mushinracing
12-18-2010, 08:44 PM
90 auto jr and senior ,they all run together some days cobras spank us and somedays we lay the smack down,but as far as holeshots no cobra in the country can beat a finely tuned cvt

Ride1Rob
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Let the Cobras in and let the kids race. It shouldn't matter if they come to one race or commit to all of them. Their turning away kids that could possibly become future fulltime racers. If it's because the Cobras only handle better then guess what..... that's in EVERY class XC or MX all throughout the country. There are some bikes that have certain characteristics that are better than others from 50cc minis to full built 450's. You pick your poison and you go with it. Simple as that!

gistmarrs
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Mark,

You asked about people with Cobras willing to travel. Count me in. I have three of them in my garage. I would love to have my son and daughter race in the WORCS series. We did the ITP last year and made 7 of the 9 races. I would expect to be able to do the same in WORCS.

As fas as the Cobra's not staying together, maybe with their motor, but with a stock rm, cr, yz, or kx 85 they will just keep going without much trouble. We've gone on rides that are several hours long in the desert.

Marrs

desratt
12-20-2010, 02:49 PM
If allowed to race the cobra 50 in the 4-6yr old class. I will jump on this killer cobra deal I can get right now.
and I will make every worcs race as I did last year.

raidernut
12-20-2010, 04:14 PM
You will not be able to race the cobra 50 in the 4-6 stock class.

raidernut
12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by gistmarrs
Mark,

You asked about people with Cobras willing to travel. Count me in. I have three of them in my garage. I would love to have my son and daughter race in the WORCS series. We did the ITP last year and made 7 of the 9 races. I would expect to be able to do the same in WORCS.

As fas as the Cobra's not staying together, maybe with their motor, but with a stock rm, cr, yz, or kx 85 they will just keep going without much trouble. We've gone on rides that are several hours long in the desert.

Marrs

Spoke with Promoter today. As i had previously assumed, he did eliminate the SS classes due to lack of entries ( 2 total entries in 2010). He did say however he would not turn anyone away with a SS that shows up to any races. To re-instate the class, he would need to have more entries and know ahead of time to order trophies.

End of story, and a Merry Christmas and safe New Year to all!

Mark Williams

desratt
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I can't commit on doing the 70ss class that they had last year till next year cause my kid isn't of age, nor is he ready. but we'll see about next year. right now I'll try to focus on this year. my son loves this and I think he can podium every race this year on the stock drr he races. he has recovered from his broken collar bone he recieved in mesquite( walking in the parking lot).

Thanks mark , for calling sean and talking to him. see ya in taft.

gistmarrs
12-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Mark,

Thanks for talking to the promoter. We will see you in Taft in January. Hopefully more shifters show up, if not, we will go back to the ITP series.

Marrs

raidernut
12-21-2010, 08:46 AM
I havent seen many shifters in that series lately either?

yfz450bb07
12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
So again I must ask why not just run the cobras with the 70 class?? Don't give me a do they do that in the atva cause we have already determined that the worcs series has different class's.

raidernut
12-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by raidernut

End of story, and a Merry Christmas and safe New Year to all!

Mark Williams

desratt
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't like that answer either..
but mark has already went out of his way..

raidernut
12-21-2010, 01:15 PM
From what i understand, the rulebook is not going to be altered 30 days prior to the first round. If that many people wanted a rule change it should of been expressed earlier. Maybe for next year? WORCS did send out a questionaire to all members asking for input on all aspects of the racing program. They made several changes to the program based off of reponses to the questionaire. Obviously this isnt one of the issues that enough people expressed an interest in.

heathmxracing
12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by mushinracing
90 auto jr and senior ,they all run together some days cobras spank us and somedays we lay the smack down,but as far as holeshots no cobra in the country can beat a finely tuned cvt

Check Loretta Lynns 90 JR... Cobras pulled the hole shot in two out of three motos. I know there are more but that is the first one that comes to mind.

Just had to give you a hard time scott:) :)

desratt
12-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't think anyone knew there was a rule change. till I happened to look in the rule book.
and like we have determined don't think anyone cares except maybe 3 people and we can't race the class that was eliminated this year anyway. I would only be upset if I had jumped on the deal for the cobra. but I didn't.. and hey rules change. That is one thing I like about worcs is it is very proffesionaly ran and they don't change the rules in the middle of a moto like some other organizations we race.
so as of now I will upgrade next year to a 70cc drr. we love this sport and are not trying to make any enemies. heck I would rather be asking your advice.

raidernut
12-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't think anyone knew there was a rule change. till I happened to look in the rule book.
and like we have determined don't think anyone cares except maybe 3 people and we can't race the class that was eliminated this year anyway. I would only be upset if I had jumped on the deal for the cobra. but I didn't.. and hey rules change. That is one thing I like about worcs is it is very proffesionaly ran and they don't change the rules in the middle of a moto like some other organizations we race.
so as of now I will upgrade next year to a 70cc drr. we love this sport and are not trying to make any enemies. heck I would rather be asking your advice.

there were no rule changes, they have been exactly the same for years. The only thing was changed were a couple of non-attended classes were dropped, and a couple of classes added that members requested.

yfz450bb07
12-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Well Mark you missed my hole point of ever saying anything about this topic. 2 years ago when Chase, Missy, and Haley all ran the entire series all on cobras they spent how much money traveling the series to only being allowed to compete against one another and not the rest of the kids and they all lived with in an hour of one another. So why keep doing the series??

raidernut
12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I did not miss your point, your barking up the wrong tree. I am not the promoter, and dont make the classes. The rules were made and i go along with them like them or not. Just glad to have a family oriented venue to race, with lots of available youth classes. All the kids are on the track at the same time, so it really doesnt matter to me. If you feel the need to see how well your kid does against the others, then watch the transponders and live timing.

When the cobras came out, i knew they were an awesome bike, and would of loved to put Buddy on one, but made the decision to stay on the CVT for the competition. No series in the country was mixing them and cvt's at the time, and i knew worcs most likely would be no different, especially since i knew they were toying with the idea of aligning with AMA. I predicted that few out west would purchase them, and was right. I made an informed decision at the time and in the end im glad i did. Last year on the mini's for us, and its been quite a ride, both good and bad.

desratt
12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
yea they just dropped the class..
I would love to see the cobra's show up at the washington round. I'm sure sean will make a class for them. I am excited for the taft race I am personnally gonna do 4 events a weekend and my son will do 1(till next year).
merry christmas.