PDA

View Full Version : Mono...

trailrider894
12-11-2010, 01:00 PM
So guys, i have been sick for several weeks with what seems like 10 different things. I finally broke down and went to get blood work done and they said i was positive for Mono... I can hardly walk, and i'm back home with mom doing my laundry again. I hate it... I also have an enlarged spleen because of the Mono so i can't ride until February... which means no snow riding for me this year. Or sledding with my lil bro and all the little sisters. Well keep me in your prayers for a fast recovery!! My brand new XBOX 360 will be as close as i get to being outside.

jcs003
12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
i hope you got the girls name that got you sick.:devil: get well soon.

trailrider894
12-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i hope you got the girls name that got you sick.:devil: get well soon.

ha ha real funny man. I actually didn't get it from that kind of contact. lol Not sure how i got it... Doc said you can get it from a sneeze.

tbrackman84
12-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I got mono last year here at school. I was at home for 3 weeks and had to drop 2 of my 6 classes. I also went from 155 to 135lbs. My throat hurt so bad i couldnt eat a damn thing. If you throat is hurting you as bad as mine did, just try to eat freeze pops and cold stuff like that. Good luck bud.

CJM
12-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Good luck, sucks your sick.

lasher45
12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I had it last winter. Got a brand new board and couldnt ride it, then I missed the first 3 or 4 races because of the enlarged spleen. I didnt even feel bad, just a little tired here and there so i was up for doing whatever but the doc said I couldnt take the risk of bursting my spleen.

trailrider894
12-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
I had it last winter. Got a brand new board and couldnt ride it, then I missed the first 3 or 4 races because of the enlarged spleen. I didnt even feel bad, just a little tired here and there so i was up for doing whatever but the doc said I couldnt take the risk of bursting my spleen.

Same here, i mean i have a little sore throat but thats it.... I am still in the extremely weak stage. But i'll miss the first race in march... and i will be delayed on my rebuild because i have a half apart bike that i can't go out to the shop to finish... :(