PDA

View Full Version : lt250r port work ftz good?

fmftrx300ex
12-10-2010, 09:56 PM
after looking around for a while i think im gunna go with "FTZ PORTED LT 250R CYLINDER
We have been famous for our Suzuki LT250R motor
for many years. We use a special YZ piston that we
re-pin both rings to align with the ports. The porting
and head shapes are matched to this piston to make
killer midrange and topend horsepower. Eliminates
troublesome wristpin thrust washers. Includes portwork
and decking, repinned piston, and bore job.
*With new cylinder.......................................... $775
*Using your cylinder........................................$4 95"
i need a new bore and piston plus port work seems like a good deal for only 500 bucks anyone one had work done by ftz before?
also anyone have ideas on what pipes gunna give me the fattest mid range a pipe dg, fmf fatty, duncan national any imput on butt componys is welcome i plan on racing gncc with my 86 lt next year and am building her from the ground up

headache
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
ftz is more known for their flat track racing porting which means mid-top porting. Wouldn't be the best for the woods. I'm not saying that they cant do a woods port but youd probably be better finding someone else. Also that piston is meant for the 87-92 motors not the 85 and 86. the fmf fatty is actually a real good pipe for the 85 and 86 models, i'd probably just go with it. If you have an 87 up motor, the dynoport big volume pipe is great for the woods, as is the fatty its a torque pipe.. best thing would be to get some good a arms and good shocks, as woods racing sure is hard on you after 2 hours..

fmftrx300ex
12-19-2010, 10:01 AM
ok thanks any idea's on another place to look at for porting i need to stay cheap but i dont want a half ***** job i origonaly was gunna go with the fatty so ill stick to that and would just up grading o 87 shocks or after markets like pep be smart or would you say go for the a-arms too? so far i have only put around a grand into it and iv got
new frame
breaklines
no airbox filter stright on carb
break pads
all new bearings
bars
booysen power reads
soon banshee hubs and maybe z400 hubs up front
new crank and piston
port polish
let me know if theirs anything ovious tht would not work to well for gncc racing and trial riding