PDA

View Full Version : troybilt parts

troybilt
12-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Pappy sending you:

1 set of 250r front calipers to be Moly coated. I couldn't get them apart, hopefully you can...

1 250r ignition cover - moly coat, currently its chrome, hopefully that's not a problem

1 set of gas tank brackets - flat black or Moly coat which ever is easier!! no too worried about them. There is 3 brackets in the set.

Paypal at the ready! No rush, Christmas is around the corner so get to them when you get to them.

Thanks,
Troy

Pappy
12-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Will do bud. I have never shot the Moly over chrome, but if it doesnt hold up it is an easy redo....

but if the chrome isnt in great shape I may have to just PC it

troybilt
12-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Will do bud. I have never shot the Moly over chrome, but if it doesnt hold up it is an easy redo....

but if the chrome isnt in great shape I may have to just PC it

Not a big problem, if it the Moly doesn't work over the chrome, PC will be fine... the chrome is not in the greatest shape.. (I think it is chrome and not just polished not 100% sure)...

Say another question..., do you know what this color is in the pic?...just curious, I'd like to get a set of cases done in something similar later on... I've got this ignition cover and I like the color.

troybilt
12-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Here is a pic of the chrome ignition cover:

Pappy
12-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I will check the cover, might be just polished..

I can check on the other color, its sort of a brownish tan with a slight texture.

troybilt
12-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I will check the cover, might be just polished..

I can check on the other color, its sort of a brownish tan with a slight texture.

Yep you might be right. I thought it was polished at first but there is one little spot where it looks like its chipped... anyway, no worries...

yea, they call it "magnesium" but you know how that goes... its sort of bronze-ish gold-ish brown-ish black-ish... :D

Thank you sir!!

troybilt
12-11-2010, 11:12 AM
parts are in route via UPS...

Thanks!

Troy

Pappy
12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Stuck is an under statement on this one caliper. I am sending it down to my brother, if I keep on I know I will break it!

troybilt
12-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks for trying... That came on a bike I traded for that I was less than impressed with the upkeep. ...needless to say, lesson learned.

Pappy
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Its all good. Once I get them apart and coated they will work as good as new. Its just the bracket on the one that wont budge. Once thats removed he can pop out the cylinders and we will be in business.

troybilt
12-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Pappy, got some more parts to send.

Quick question: I want to powder coat a quick change cover (250r) flat black, and just the flat cover piece not the clutch cover housing, anyway there is the Hinson Billet Proof lettering on it, can that be taped off or something so it doesn't get powdercoated over?

Also got a cylinder to be Molycoated, water pump cover to be flat black, and grab bar gloss black.... I'll be sending them out tomorrow. Thank you sir!
Troy

Here is a pic of the cover:

Pappy
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Not really, they are shallow and in order to properly prep the part it needs to be media blasted

troybilt
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
OK, well let me think about that part. The rest of the stuff is shipping tomorrow...

Thanks.

troybilt
01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Going a different route on that clutch cover...

Did you have any luck getting that brake apart?

Thanks,
Troy

Pappy
01-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I dont think Kevin has touched it thsi week, he cut his hand real bad and got a bunch of stitches

skippy1999
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
damn...:(

troybilt
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Any luck Pappy?

Pappy
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Yep, Kevin should have them back to me anyday and I can finish ya up!

troybilt
01-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Sweet southern tea!... That's good news...

Hope his hand hasn't been bothering him too much... I did the same thing last year and about cut my left index finger off, 60% severed... sucked and still sucks... no feeling in it.

Pappy
01-21-2011, 03:16 PM
He is doing good. Lucky it was just in the faty part and didnt get his fingers.

I will ahve everything ready to roll for ya, I just couldnt predict the stuck pistons and my main mechanical type dude getting hurt:p Single piston calipers I can do, but the doubles require his set of tools LOL.

troybilt
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Shoot me the cost shipped and i'll get that paid

Pappy
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
OK, just talked with Kevin. Pistons out, no problems, but the slider is corroded in the caliper. I told him to allow it to soak in PB Blaster for a few days. Worse case is we will have to cut it and you will have to buy a new slider...BUT....I want your permisson if thats needed and I first would like to make sure that part is still available. Its the part that the caliper slides on that screws to the caliper mount.

troybilt
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
I guess if you think its still worth it, (I have no problem with it, I don't think I can buy parts to fix them though...??) you've guys have have got alot of time on these calipers and if they are just plain shot I can get some different ones and save you the trouble. I had no idea they were this bad, goes back to you never know what you get when you buy something from apparantly a non-reputable guy on forums!!

Pappy
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Everything is fine ...just the slider is hung up. Im sure he will be able to get it free, and when you get them back they will be like new

troybilt
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
That's great, and fine with me.... if not for some reason those won't comes loose, we can just chock those up as a loss and let me pay you for your time on those and the rest of the parts that are or will be finished.
Thanks Pappy!
Troy

troybilt
01-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Money Sent!! Thanks for your troubles... sorry for the waste of time on the calipers.

Troy

Pappy
01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
No worries here bud, wish we could have got that slide out for you. If you soak it and soak it and soak it some more I believe it will come out.

Pappy
01-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey, the addy you sent isnt working in my fed ex...can you pm it to me just to double check