PDA

View Full Version : Hand warmers... electrical help please

Wired
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
So its really friggin cold up here and im looking to put some hand warmers on the DS. i was thinking about splicing them into the light plugs. Would this cause any problems with the efi??? any help would be appreciated. thanks

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=&catId=&productId=p391802&leafCatId=&mmyId=

florentino
12-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Wired
So its really friggin cold up here and im looking to put some hand warmers on the DS. i was thinking about splicing them into the light plugs. Would this cause any problems with the efi??? any help would be appreciated. thanks

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=&catId=&productId=p391802&leafCatId=&mmyId=

i run my fan from the lites. its nice to turn it on only when i want too. i am sure the hand warmers draw less amps. you can also get big hand gards.

Wired
12-11-2010, 08:32 AM
yeah thats what i was thinking. i'll post up some news when i get the whole kit wired in. thanks

florentino
12-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Wired
yeah thats what i was thinking. i'll post up some news when i get the whole kit wired in. thanks

i heard that ridind in the snow quads get really hot. cause snow gets trap in the radiator fins. just my 2 cents.

Wired
12-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by florentino
i heard that ridind in the snow quads get really hot. cause snow gets trap in the radiator fins. just my 2 cents.

It's all good, I scrape the track before I ride anyways. Kinda hard to hit ramps in powder Haha

rrguy
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
•Warm hands dont have to mean high price
•Units draw 36W each/3A with standard on/off switch
•Lighting system should be 75 watts or more for optimal performance
•Kit includes heat cartridges, grommets, insulation, on/off switch with tag and easy-to-read instructions

Looks like the lighting circuit will be right at the amount of juice required.

44oEX
12-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by florentino

You heard wrong. if the snow gets traped in the radiator...it will melt.

We`ve been riding in the snow all winter every year and never have trouble...they run great in the cold air, and it makes the motors run cooler to, rads are super efficent in low temps.

a couple friends have them on there 450R and they work great...just don`t forget them on, they will kill the battery pretty quick.