PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate

tgreenz400
12-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Well this is a hot topic to talk about, so lets hear what your opinion is....Iphone 4 or EVO 4G?

I prefer the retina display and the overall layout of the Iphone over the EVO's 8 mpg camera and independent apps :)

sexysilverado45
12-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Droid. The HTC part just makes it that much better than the iPhone plus any network is better than at&t.

If you don't like the home skin. Than you can down load an app to replace it.

FHKracingZ
12-10-2010, 03:49 PM
What app replaces the htc factory skin?

sexysilverado45
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Launcher, ahome, helix, better home, and I think there are 2 more Im not sure

I'm running launcher the free version I like it the best as far as speed but some of the others are more customizable.

Also download handcent sms for your txt messaging app.

Thumpin440ex
12-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Go droid. Iphone is old news, google is going to own..

John

ProspectorJim
12-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Droid all the way. When you actually compare features instead of logos, you see which one is better. So much more freedom on the droid. The marketplace is starting to take off too.

k4f5x0r
12-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Iphone 4+ jailbreak= evo and then some.

Not trying to offend anyone but the only reason anyone ever backs up droid is because of "freedom". Jailbreaking an iphone allows all of the same freedoms.

JMO but i do think its good that theres an actual market for smart phones now, maybe it will push apple to further improve their models in a more timely fashion.

JJs450r
12-11-2010, 07:25 AM
ya i need to jail break my iphone but id say evo

wilkin250r
12-11-2010, 07:53 AM
It f^&*ing prints money...

ProspectorJim
12-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
Iphone 4+ jailbreak= evo and then some.

Not trying to offend anyone but the only reason anyone ever backs up droid is because of "freedom". Jailbreaking an iphone allows all of the same freedoms.

JMO but i do think its good that theres an actual market for smart phones now, maybe it will push apple to further improve their models in a more timely fashion.

rooted android phone>>>>>>>>>iphone

bbender85
12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It f^&*ing prints money...

lmao love that one.

madsmokey12
12-12-2010, 11:42 PM
i love my iphone 4. had to pay $699 from the Apple Store but it was worth every penny. Easy to use. Great Apps . Video Chat. Great Camera . HD Video . Ipod . it's just a Great phone i would never buy any other phone

ben300
12-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by madsmokey12
i love my iphone 4. had to pay $699 from the Apple Store but it was worth every penny. Easy to use. Great Apps . Video Chat. Great Camera . HD Video . Ipod . it's just a Great phone i would never buy any other phone

bet ya that if htey told ya to give them $10000 and jump off a building you'd do it to...its the cool thing yo

madsmokey12
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ben300
bet ya that if htey told ya to give them $10000 and jump off a building you'd do it to...its the cool thing yo

i don't like it because it's the Coolest phone out. i had the iphone since it 1st came out . and it works perfect for what i need to do. don't get me wrong i like the droid but i wont work for me and i don't wanna Carry around a Extra ipod just to listen to music in my car

TAZ450r
12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
i vote for the iphone 3gs...i haven't relly noticed any differance betwhen the iphone3 and 4, exept that the iphone 4 isn't as comfortable to hold in your hand!

and the droids i tryd have feelt like an copy of the iphone, just that they haven't copyd the iphone right of because they know they will get sued if they do!

Sjorge450R
12-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I hate this argument....but I will explain my view.

I will never buy an iphone. The phones lacks everything that other phones have been offering for years. Multi-tasking has been on blackberry for a long time. It has always been on the android os.....not apple. Also, the hardware differences between the iphone and the evo is a no brainer. The EVO is stacked.

Its like comparing a Porsche to a Ford Focus.

The only reason people like the Iphone and the only reason it sells is because people are brain washed. Don't fall for it. I just got my little sister a Samsung Captivate Galaxy S and let me tell you. That blows the socks off of a iPhone, but no one will tell you that but me probably, because most people are brainwashed by Steve Jobs

Do what you want to, and I am pretty sure your going to get an iPhone just because everyone and their brother has one and they love it so much. You need to play with them both for more than 5 min and then make your decision. Dont read internet reviews, because all of the tech writers are on Jobs' diick

Sjorge450R
12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
i don't like it because it's the Coolest phone out. i had the iphone since it 1st came out . and it works perfect for what i need to do. don't get me wrong i like the droid but i wont work for me and i don't wanna Carry around a Extra ipod just to listen to music in my car

Typical apple brainwashed iPhone user. Its called a micro sd card. throw a 32gb one in your non iphone and there you go. Music on your device... loading music is actually easier and faster this way too. Itunes is slow.

Not to mention most droid phones come with 16gb from the manufacturer....thats 48gb on a phone....

Sjorge450R
12-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r

It wont happen ever. Jobs just makes itsy bitsy upgrades on each device, because he knows that people are going to upgrade anyway. So why make them comparable to the other smart phones of today when he doesnt need to?

He will keep making baby upgrades, people will still keep buying his sub par phones and he will continue to stay ontop of Forbes list. Let me ask one final question and then I am done within this thread.

Why would you buy an iPhone 4 when you know and everyone else knows that it has antenna problems?

http://i.imgur.com/uEZ1b.jpg

ProspectorJim
12-13-2010, 01:07 PM

I have an OG motorola droid and it plays music just fine in the truck.... I can even sync from my itunes library if I want.

sexysilverado45
12-13-2010, 01:46 PM
like somebody pointed out the iphone is lacking in technology like multi tasking also im not sure on the camera quality but all the new droids are 720 hd recording and 8mp camera.

what do you do with your i phone after you ruin the battery? idk either a droid you pull the cover off and buy a new one.

also i don't think the iphone can play music on your car radio without a cable? the droid can it can play it threw blu tooth.

seriously who makes a phone that cant even be used as a phone for crying out loud? apple.

madsmokey12
12-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
Typical apple brainwashed iPhone user. Its called a micro sd card. throw a 32gb one in your non iphone and there you go. Music on your device... loading music is actually easier and faster this way too. Itunes is slow.

Not to mention most droid phones come with 16gb from the manufacturer....thats 48gb on a phone....

ok.... where do i plug the SD Card in my Car ...in my ***?.. and as you can see every one that owns a Black Berry or Droid never have music downloaded on their phone. and they end up buying a iPod. i just telling you my opinion on my phone. I like it i never had a problem it's easy to use. it works for what i have to do. Opinions are just like asses every one's got one :devil:

dpizz450
12-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
It wont happen ever. Jobs just makes itsy bitsy upgrades on each device, because he knows that people are going to upgrade anyway. So why make them comparable to the other smart phones of today when he doesnt need to?

He will keep making baby upgrades, people will still keep buying his sub par phones and he will continue to stay ontop of Forbes list. Let me ask one final question and then I am done within this thread.

Why would you buy an iPhone 4 when you know and everyone else knows that it has antenna problems?

http://i.imgur.com/uEZ1b.jpg
]

This was blown out of proportion by the media. I bought my g/f an IP4 and it has no antenna problems. Some have it, others dont. IMO, its a manufacturing problem.

madsmokey12
12-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by dpizz450
]

This was blown out of proportion by the media. I bought my g/f an IP4 and it has no antenna problems. Some have it, others dont. IMO, its a manufacturing problem.

x2 i never had problems also

tbrackman84
12-13-2010, 05:12 PM
i was thinking of getting the iphone 4, just becasue i hear it gest service EVERYWHERE lol.

FHKracingZ
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
You dont plug your sd car into the car. You use an aux cable that 99% of any newer car have. I use the aux cable and listen to pandora radio on my droid in my car all the time for free, plus if i get a call I can hear the person talking through my car speakers and its hands free, kinda nice!

Sjorge450R
12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
ok.... where do i plug the SD Card in my Car ...in my ***?.. and as you can see every one that owns a Black Berry or Droid never have music downloaded on their phone. and they end up buying a iPod. i just telling you my opinion on my phone. I like it i never had a problem it's easy to use. it works for what i have to do. Opinions are just like asses every one's got one :devil:

um....you put it in your droid/blackberry.

I have almost 2000 songs on my bold....

Sjorge450R
12-13-2010, 07:53 PM

um....you put it in your droid/blackberry.

I have almost 2000 songs on my bold....

Ellingsoc26
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
ya my rooted htc desire will take a nice long piss on the iphone 4 widgets pwn iphones they are sooo nice and i hate all the gay icons u have to have with iphones it drove me nuts on my ipod touch so i sold it and now all i need is my phone synced all my music with it and everything! o best part NO AT&T

madsmokey12
12-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
You dont plug your sd car into the car. You use an aux cable that 99% of any newer car have. I use the aux cable and listen to pandora radio on my droid in my car all the time for free, plus if i get a call I can hear the person talking through my car speakers and its hands free, kinda nice!

My Escalade don't have it i just has the Ipod Plugin

ProspectorJim
12-13-2010, 09:26 PM
My Escalade don't have it i just has the Ipod Plugin

your escalade doesn't have a hole somewhere on the head unit? Alot of cars don't mark that it's the aux in.

madsmokey12
12-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
your escalade doesn't have a hole somewhere on the head unit? Alot of cars don't mark that it's the aux in.

nope i got a Kenwood TV NAvi system in it and i don't have it

sexysilverado45
12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
nope i got a Kenwood TV NAvi system in it and i don't have it

pretty sure its in the back of the unit.

Canadian144
12-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I'd rather have the Iphone 4 anyday. Probably going to get the Iphone 5 when it comes out. Currently I'm using a blackberry, but the only reason is because of BBM (blackberry to blackberry messaging, much cheaper than texting, and EVERYONE in my grade has a blackberry). I figure once I'm in university (next year) (hopefully in the US), I'll get the new iphone.

madsmokey12
12-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144
I'd rather have the Iphone 4 anyday. Probably going to get the Iphone 5 when it comes out. Currently I'm using a blackberry, but the only reason is because of BBM (blackberry to blackberry messaging, much cheaper than texting, and EVERYONE in my grade has a blackberry). I figure once I'm in university (next year) (hopefully in the US), I'll get the new iphone.

theres a app on the iphone and all the other smart phones called KIK it's just like BBM

Canadian144
12-14-2010, 05:45 AM
theres a app on the iphone and all the other smart phones called KIK it's just like BBM

Yeah but no one that I know uses it unfortunately.

dpizz450
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
ya my rooted htc desire will take a nice long piss on the iphone 4 widgets pwn iphones they are sooo nice and i hate all the gay icons u have to have with iphones it drove me nuts on my ipod touch so i sold it and now all i need is my phone synced all my music with it and everything! o best part NO AT&T

I have widgets on my Iphone and none of my icons are stock.