PDA

View Full Version : just bought 08 450r

ralph87
12-09-2010, 09:58 PM
picking it up on Saturday, got it for 4700 as a left over. Any advice on what add ons to get or what type of maintenance is required?

dran714
12-09-2010, 10:15 PM
congrats on the new bike thats a pretty good price.. i recommend the Hrc kit its about the best to start out.. and maintanence is pretty straight forward oil and trans oil changes and valve clearance every so often good luck!

MX450
12-09-2010, 10:30 PM
what type of riding? I would get a cam, exhaust, take air box lid off, nerf bars. Keep your oil changed, air filter clean, and valves adjusted and it will take good care of you!

reptikes
12-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by MX450
what type of riding? I would get a cam, exhaust, take air box lid off, nerf bars. Keep your oil changed, air filter clean, and valves adjusted and it will take good care of you!

HRC kit for the '08 will breath life into it!

Full HRC Kit, Slip On Exhaust, UNI air filter, half air lid box, and PROPERLY jetted!

Power wise your good to go.

ralph87
12-14-2010, 03:13 PM
OK Should I be worried. I was to pick it up today. The dealer had to pick it up from another dealer. When I went to pick it up the dealer said that the dealer they got the quad from had already put the battery acid into the battery so the battery was dead. I thought you'd only put the acid in once the atv was sold.

Should I be worried that I'm buying a used bike from the dealer when they're saying its new?

dustinshuler
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I wouldnt worry so much about it. I mean you should be able to tell if its new by looking at it. Their sure are some good deals out there now! I just bought one out the door from Mountain Motorsports in Kodak Tenn for 3989 2 weeks ago. I do have to pay like 300.00 in NC sales tax but 4289 for a brand new 450 is awesome! Dont worry about the battery they may have thought it was sold and somebody backed out or something! good luck and enjoy it!

Scro
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about it. You will know by looking at it, if it's been rode or not. These batteries go dead easy on a stock bike with them being so lean from the factory. They can be touchy when it comes to cranking, and most people will just keep cranking until the battery dies. The HRC kit will help a lot with cranking. If I were you, I would invest in a battery tender that trickle charges at 2-3 amps. Whenever you aren't riding, keep the battery on this. It will keep the battery in top shape.

ralph87
12-14-2010, 04:22 PM
any link to this hrc kit for an 08 450er?