PDA

View Full Version : introduction

youngatheart
12-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Back to 4 wheelers after a 13 year absence. Picked up a 1991 250x in July.
It's mostly stock. Cobra exhaust (I didn't do it, I swear it was like that when I got it). Yes it is LOOOUUDDD!
Interesting story: It dies on me at an of road park, no spark. Lots of helpful advice so I started to tear it down in preparation of replacing some expensive electrical component just to find a bare wire touching the frame. Whew!
Since I had it tore down I cleaned it up real good and replaced anything that was out of order. Then it started acting up fouling plugs. Seems me installing that Cobra pipe properly caused me to need a new jet. Jackwagon that installed the pipe left it stock. Now it is jetted and runs great.
Thanks to the people of this forum for helpful advice.

bigblue02hd
12-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Good to hear you've got it running good again....

I just recently picked up a 92' 250X from my cousin for cheap. I've been rebuilding it from the ground up... its been a fun project seeing it come back together.

For me, I know it'll feel good to ride an old "X" again after having one about 13 yrs. ago.

youngatheart
12-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Merry Christmas to all. I hope your Christams was filled with lots of off-road goodies. I got a sixpack rack, water bottle, new goggles and two new pair of gloves. Happy wheeling!