PDA

View Full Version : 400ex ball joints

400ex350ss
12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
gotta quik question i hope someone can help me with .. ive bought a set of ball joints for my quad from a 78 vw transporter bus .. same everything as the ball joints that came off my quad .. these are actually tie rod ends from that bus but everything is the same ... my questin is that i went to put them on yesterday n the smaller shaft that goes thru the spindle just spins when i try and tighten the nut ... any ideas on how i can fix this or stop the shaft from spinning when i try and tighten that nut .. thanks guys

rubbersdown
12-09-2010, 06:50 PM
im assuming your talking about a-arm ball joints? pull the boot up a bit on the shaft, may be a flat spot to put a wrench on so you can tighten it. If not then just try and put some weight on the shaft because its tapered and the harder its pushed in there the less likely its going to spin.

pmg8134
12-10-2010, 07:44 AM
pretty sure you might just need to seat it a little better in there. with the a-arm mounted you can smack the bottom of the a-arm with a rubber mallet little by little till it seats in there enough to crank it down.

400ex350ss
12-10-2010, 02:56 PM
ok thanks guys i will try these different options yall have given me and will get back with yall ina few days after i try this out .. thanks again happy holidays to everyone and there families !