12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
pr racing is etched on the cylinder

triplejay30349
12-09-2010, 04:48 PM

triplejay30349
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM

triplejay30349
12-10-2010, 06:37 AM
79 views and no comments geez! guess i'll just get it up and running and give a video and ride report

C-LEIGH RACING
12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
I can post something, like normal, but dont know how to make the keyboard turn it sideways to match up with those pics so one could look at the pics & read at the same time.

It looks ok best I can tell.
Lot of port carvers today have gone away from sharp edges though.
Sharp edge tends to direct & cling the flow. Could stand a bit of texturing on all the surfaces, but thats just me.
Some porters like to smooth everything out & other texture the walls. Been many debates about that over the years.
To each their own though, but the main thing is, if it runs good, leave it like it is.
Neil

troybilt
12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
I can post something, like normal, but dont know how to make the keyboard turn it sideways to match up with those pics so one could look at the pics & read at the same time.

It looks ok best I can tell.
Lot of port carvers today have gone away from sharp edges though.
Sharp edge tends to direct & cling the flow. Could stand a bit of texturing on all the surfaces, but thats just me.
Some porters like to smooth everything out & other texture the walls. Been many debates about that over the years.
To each their own though, but the main thing is, if it runs good, leave it like it is.
Neil

Neil do you mean "texture" to give it a "golf-ball" effect... i.e. a golf ball with dimples is more efficient thru the air than a smooth one??

C-LEIGH RACING
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Texturing, some call it texturing when using a sanding roll, others when using a carbide cutter bit, just so long as the surface has a ruffness to it so the charge flow cant cling to it as it is passing up through the transfer ports.
Neil

triplejay30349
12-20-2010, 09:28 AM
bump

finally got around to fixing the pictures. cylinder is at 66.50mm on the bore so i figure it should still have alot of life left in it. also, i have a 86 bottomend but i know this is a 87-89 cylinder. my question is can this cylinder be used with my current 86 piston or do i need a 87-89 piston?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes, you can use that cylinder on your 86 short rod crank bottom end, long as the piston is the right size for the cylinder bore.

Did you know that rust, that is on the iron sleeve does that sleeve some good.
I cant recall the process that is happening while it is rusting, but let it rust, then clean it up & it make's the iron more durable.

Lot of the big 4 cylinder drag bike guys let the cylinder's go through that process.
Neil