PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a ktm for sale at the dealers, sold out

SIDCON
12-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Can't Find any new ktm quads. I'm in las Vegas and called 5 places yesterday, the local shop here which was a mistake and 4 places in CA. 3 places don't have any and have no plans on ordering any more and the other 2 ktm shops went out of business. Are their plans to cancel importing to the USA for the quad line? From what I read they haven't imported 2010 and now they won't next year in 2011 either because of such a huge overstock of 09's and With such a huge overstock where are they, it's not even 2011 yet and all places i contacted have no plans on getting anymore. Now I'm worried in buying one and the line being canceled here. This seems similar back when I was trying to buy a new cannondale, no one had them in stock and no one had plans on ordering any more.

ktmbill
12-09-2010, 05:35 PM
give ktm north a call they will give you a list of dealers that have quads
their # 440-985-3553

IdahoMX
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
They have 1 in Hillsboro oregon 505sx, 2 450xc in ontario oregon, edge motorsports

SIDCON
12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Thank you for the number. I will give them a call. I'm am though starting to think of possible going a different rout if no one is going to carry them anymore. Has anyone heard of Ktm closing the line to the US. Doesnt make sense that not one place i called within 250miles to me doesnt have one or plan on getting any more. That would totally suck if I spend all this money without a place for service or parts or place that sells them anymore. What would be the next best quad in line. I race worcs series and would need something. I had a ltr last season and loved it but hated working on it, they are such a pain in the butt to work on and would like something new for the season

ktmbill
12-09-2010, 07:26 PM
They are looking at 2012

MX450
12-12-2010, 05:46 PM
if you dont find a ktm get a honda 450r, very easy to work on

SIDCON
12-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Thank you for the advise on the honda I have a friend who races the worcs with a Honda and won his class points for the year and loves it. I found a ktm near Phoenix. Was hoping for a ktm because of the cromoly frame, no link swinger and carb. Just seems like an incredible deal with a quad that has these to offer. Anyone know the best / friendles ktm dealership near phoenix or scottsdale. thanks guys

Big Red Menace
12-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Action Motorsports in Decatur Texas is a stocking dealer also. they actively support ATV racing, not just sell them when the bike guys aren't around. 1-940-627-1655 Tell the the King sent ya.

SIDCON
12-15-2010, 03:50 PM
The one in phoenix was already sold lol. I called ktm north and there was one within a 400 mile radius, I called on it and was sold a while ago. I also called the one in Texas even though I'd have to pay another $600 in shipping and didn't have any 450sx. I asked ktm north since there isnt any more ktm atvs any where to be found then how can they say there are so many left overs that they won't be importing for the whole next year. Basicly they couldn't say. I also noticed the big dealers like malcom smith and others took the ktm atv option off their website. I really want a ktm so bad I can tast it and have the cash sitting here for one, but something just doesn't seem rite. So frustrating

ktmbill
12-15-2010, 05:41 PM
try atvtraderonline.com

ktmmack
12-15-2010, 08:55 PM
action took ATV's off their site also. Not looking good if your in the market for an sx these days.

SIDCON
12-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Im coming to my own conclusion and just my opinion but im taking it as they are dropping the line just because there is hardly any available anywere and they state no more for even the whole next year that isnt even here yet because of so many left overs wich just isnt the case. When someone drops a msrp 40% thats a normaly a closeout. This totally sux. This is my number one choice but dont want to spend the money and have the line dropped specially when every one is deleting them off thier websites now. :mad: Now whats plan B

Big Red Menace
12-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I know action motorsports in Texas has a 450sx in their showroom front window! I talked to the owner just a couple days ago and he's getting in 2 more 505sx's. I don't think you called the right place. They're right on the front page of his website. 940-627-1655 ask for Craig, tell him the King sent ya.

Actionmotorsportsktm.com

http://www.actionmotorsportsktm.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=2595559&Used=1&Model=2009 KTM SX ATV 450 450 cc

SIDCON
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Holy smokes, just bought a new 450sx for $6355. Out the door!!!! I spoke with action motor sports again with new info on those 505's they just got and they seem like an excellent bunch of guys but couldn't pass this deal up and is only 5 hours away compared to 19 hours. I'll be ordering some parts and such from them though. I'm stoked!! This must be the cheapest in history? I just about gave up on these then Bam, a deal I couldn't resist.

ktmbill
12-29-2010, 03:30 PM
See they are out their . Just talked to Kerry and he was at the west warehouse and they still have a bunch of quads. So buy buy so the 2012 will come out.

SIDCON
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I agree, After my research and asking alot of questions and callig ktm northamerica for the third time yesterday there is alot at the ktm warehouse, but 90% of dealers won't order them in fear of them sitting. I went into my local dealer here in Vegas which is sportsman cycle with cash in hand and they didn't want my business even if I paid in full in advance to order it for me, unbelievable. I almost begged them because I wanted one so bad and didn't want to travel for one. I don't think most dealers are that ignorant but they don't want to order and have it sit on the floor to lose money on. We need to show a demand rite now for these. Think about it, a 09 yfz450 at my local shop is $8995 plus tax doc freight and set up. That's probably the second best thing wich is thousands more then what I paid for the KTM. Or a LTR or a KFX for $6995 plus fees, i looked at all options again yesterday at the dealers here. The only one that was cheaper was the MXR for $4500 plus fees. The prices of the ktms rite now are unbelievable and the others aren't even in the same league. Nows the time to buy before we lose a good thing

SIDCON
12-31-2010, 06:06 PM
I picked up the 450sx yesterday, this is the best $6355.20 I ever spent. The quality and thought process that went into this design is incredible. I'm trying to buy another one from them but for some reason they want to buy it off of another dealer to sell it to me instead of ordering it. I'm wondering why they prefer this way of obtaining one?

Big Red Menace
12-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Because dealer price isn't that low. The only way dealers are getting them to sell that cheap is from auctions and buying them from dealers that are going out of buisness. Dealers aren't going to order them to sell them $2500 under dealer price.

SIDCON
01-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Just wanted to reply after getting mine and getting it all straighten out. I absolutly love this thing! Way lighter feeling then my built LTR, better in every aspect. This things a rocket

Big Red Menace
01-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Action Motorsports just bought 8 more Ktm atvs. Not being able to find them is not an a excuse!

SIDCON
01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Thats awesome, They are the best dealer I have talked with by far!!! I wish my local shop was half of what they are. Im in the market for another SX, wish they were a bit closer to vegas. Better yet we need a REAL KTM dealer here, they should expand ;)

900rracer
02-22-2011, 04:41 AM
I just bought a brand new 09 leftover from Bentley's Yamaha, Suz, Pol, KTM in Pittsburgh, PA for $7398...they still have a bunch left for that price. Looks like they have more 505s than 450s.