PDA

View Full Version : Long Travel ?

LT250RMan
12-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I have a 1985 LT250R and im looking at buying a set of burgard +3+1 or +2+1 long travel a-arms.

Does anyone actually use these a-arms and have any feedback ??

headache
12-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm running burgard +2+1 regular travel arms on my 87 and like them alot. The long travel offers running a longer shock which the 85 and 86 Lt's need.. I say go for it. I have had my arms for a year now. powder coat still looks good, no chips.. Hope this helps

LT250RMan
12-11-2010, 04:11 PM
oops, I meant to say a 91 quadracer not a 85. lol

headache
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
oh ok then. I'd call them and ask what length shocks you will need to run. stock is 15" im running 15 3/4" with mine. i'd say its gonna be close to a 17" shock, maybe z400 length.. should be an awesome ride!

LT250RMan
12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
I talked to burgard today. The 87-92 quadracer long travel a-arms use a 17" shock with about 5" of stroke. He recommended that I get their steering stem with the flag moved to match the long travel a-arms.

fx4pitrone
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Good luck w/ Burgard man....:ermm:

LT250RMan
12-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by fx4pitrone
Good luck w/ Burgard man....:ermm:

Why do you say that ?

fx4pitrone
12-13-2010, 08:54 PM
They seem to have a poor track record for quality control and customer service. I had a set of extended a-arms that wouldn't fit my shocks. Couldn't get a hold of them to rectify the situation... ended up costing me $500 to get lonestars....
A friend of mine got some a-arms from them that were incorrect lengths.... A couple other members on here have had some not so great experiences w/ them also. Those are my experiences...

I'm sure many people are happy w/ them at the same time... just saying be careful and triple check everything you get from them.... it's a shame too because hey do offer a pretty nice product at a reasonable cost. But customer service is most important to me... I have been happy w/ LSR

LT250RMan
12-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by fx4pitrone
They seem to have a poor track record for quality control and customer service. I had a set of extended a-arms that wouldn't fit my shocks. Couldn't get a hold of them to rectify the situation... ended up costing me $500 to get lonestars....
A friend of mine got some a-arms from them that were incorrect lengths.... A couple other members on here have had some not so great experiences w/ them also. Those are my experiences...

I'm sure many people are happy w/ them at the same time... just saying be careful and triple check everything you get from them.... it's a shame too because hey do offer a pretty nice product at a reasonable cost. But customer service is most important to me... I have been happy w/ LSR

Thanks for the heads up. There is no other a-arm manufacture but Burgard cycle that makes long travel a-arms for a lt250r anymore. If you know of anyone besides burgard please let me know. Ill just check over my stuff when ii get it.

fx4pitrone
12-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Good luck man... just save your receipts and really check over all dimensions and fitment of everything... Hope it works out for you....

headache
12-14-2010, 09:58 AM
the only compaint i have is that shipping took close to 3 weeks to get my arms and steering dampener.. when i emailed them they said sorry we had people out for vacation deer hunting lol..

LT250RMan
12-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Im not to worried about buying from them. Every time I have phone burgard they have picked up the phone and answered all of my questions. If I get sent the wrong parts somehow Ill just send it back and wait for the proper stuff. Im not in any rush to ride the quadracer.