PDA

View Full Version : Which jet kit? JD or Dyno Jet?

speedfreek
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Which is best! The JD costs $75 and the dyno Jet costs $52. My bike is stock but will eventually be fully modded. It's a 09 outlaw 525

sleddog66
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Dyno jet does NOT use standard main jet #'s, and this can sometimes make comparisons tougher without refering to a reference chart. JD uses his own needles and sends OEM Kehein main jets in his kit. I have JD's kit on a 07 525, and have been happy with it. Any questions, and JD is happy to help. That is what you are paying for......service and knowledge. I have not used the DJ kit, so can not comment. I have heard of many people buying different "Honda" needles with success, but I guess a O2 sniffer would help if doing your own tests.

Dmanrider20
12-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Dj is worth every penny, Im extremely happy with it. Never used jd

birdman7389
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
used jets r us on the pred with good results. the 525 got a jd kit though, id go with that, or search for carb boring and mods to make it run really good. its worth it just to get the mods from Walt to begin with...

speedfreek
12-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Well I ordered the JD kit. It seemed to be the best on that I have researched $84. Kinda pricey but you get what you pay for.

sleddog66
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
The JD kit will say to use the Blue needle in cold conditions. It is a pretty rich needle, and I would probably not use unless well below freezing temps. The red is a much better choice in most conditions. I am refering to stock or slightly modified bikes. With some major mods....well you may need the extra fuel of the blue. I live in IL at about 900 ft. with a pipe and filter. The red in the 4th and 5th work pretty good depending on temps.:macho

speedfreek
12-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by sleddog66
The JD kit will say to use the Blue needle in cold conditions. It is a pretty rich needle, and I would probably not use unless well below freezing temps. The red is a much better choice in most conditions. I am refering to stock or slightly modified bikes. With some major mods....well you may need the extra fuel of the blue. I live in IL at about 900 ft. with a pipe and filter. The red in the 4th and 5th work pretty good depending on temps.:macho I used the red in the 5th position and a 165 main. I live about 500ft elevation. I ran it today and it had a major difference in power! I am very pleased.