PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise @ counter shaft sprocket area?

CHAR250R
12-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Brand new. Zero hours. I took it for a ride around the yard, and hear a noise coming from the counter shaft sprocket area. right where the chain runs over the slider on the front of the swing arm where it attatches to the frame. Anyone else have this issue, or is this normal on thia machine?

mxdad423
12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Ours did the same thing and didn't quit until we built it for racing, I think it may be where the chain runs on the swing arm guard, never caused any issue's. once we built it with JB's swing arm the noise went away, so gussing thats where it came from...

Kevin Smitley

CHAR250R
12-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Servive guy at my dealer says it's the chain riding on the slider. Seems way too loud for my liking, but he says it's no big deal.

mxdad423
12-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Yea that is exactly what I thought it was also, and like I said makes sence because after putting on the JB swing arm, the noise went away.

Kevin Smitley

Hetrick300
12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Yea that is exactly what I thought it was also, and like I said makes sence because after putting on the JB swing arm, the noise went away.

Kevin Smitley

Same here I had that noise then I installed a JB Swingarm and it did go away. But ya not a noise to be worrying about.