PDA

View Full Version : flipping the front rims and extended rear hubs on a 400ex

backwoods 400ex
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi i have a 2006 400ex and i want to make it wider i was wondering what yo guys thought of a extended rear hub(from rocky mounatin atv) and flipping the front tires....i was just wondering will this work good? and will i break alot of stuff???? i ice race and some motocross and alot of trails and i dont wanna spend alot of money.
THANKS

BlaineKaiser450
12-11-2010, 09:06 PM
It's just gonna cause problems. More wear and it's going to handle worse, I wouldn't do it

deathman53
12-12-2010, 09:37 AM
flipping the front rims will have ore problems than worse handling. If its stock rims, there is a tapered spacer pressed in, it will come loose if used flipped. Next, the valve stem, you will have to remove the valve stem, weld the hole or put a valve stem in reverse, then drill a new hole for a another one and could result in air leaking problems in the future. Worse handling, much more bump steer and no caliper protection are the big ones that come to mind. Extended rear hubs, will just increase the chance of bending/breaking the rear axle, stay away from them.

quadrider2112
12-13-2010, 07:09 AM
all it will get you is bump steer and a bend axle. Tried the hubs myself bent 2 axles in 2 rides then i just bought an axle

Scro
12-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Bumpsteer won't be increased. But you will get more feedback through the bars, in addition to what the others have said.