PDA

View Full Version : silly clutch cabel question, how to rout it?

rubbersdown
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Silly questions. How do you guys rout your clutch cable? seems not matter how I put it it's either touching or super close to the exhaust. You put it in between the 2 pipes or what? Seems like honda should have made it a few inches longer or something.

CJM
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Between the two pipes, I bent the little holder ring (careful it will break cause I had to buy a new one) and when i turn the bars it doesnt touch.

You can use a 250x cable iirc and route it along the frame instead.

rubbersdown
12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
ah ok, ill have to take it back off tomorrow and put it in between. Was trying to go sort of around them and it just wasnt working lol. thnx

Pabst_Powered
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
heres a pic with a 92 250x cable, doesnt even come close to your headers, good mod in my opinion

bherriman
12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't forget to route it through the plastic clip that is molded into the front side of the gas tank heat sheild. It can rub on the oil cooler if you leave it out of the clip.

rubbersdown
12-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by bherriman
Don't forget to route it through the plastic clip that is molded into the front side of the gas tank heat shield. It can rub on the oil cooler if you leave it out of the clip. Yah I realized that today when i put it on. Got it all on there and its good to go now. My main problem was the guy I got the bike from had the metal loop thing on the oil cooler nut and not on the motor mount. Once I moved it it all fell into place. Finished the quad up 99.9% today, just waiting on a battery to arrive so I can fire it up, I freaking forgot to order it and no one in town has one for under $100 so I just ordered one on line today :mad: