PDA

View Full Version : Let see them Duramax's

IOWAracer
12-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Prolly has been a post before but why not...

Post what you have done also and year and mileage

rpfeifer11
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't every motor look the same?

wild250rman
12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
the whole truck i believe not just the motor.

Nac's22
12-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Well I'll start. Its a 2007 Silverado Classic 2500HD. It has the 6 speed Allison and the LBZ Duramax motor. It has right around 69,350 miles on it. I have a 4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust (most don't know that a "turbo back" on a dmax is actually only from the downpipe back), MBRP downpipe, BD driver side exhaust manifold, S&B Intake, Edge Evolution Race CS, 8,000K HID in the lows and fogs, Transgo Jr. shift kit, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, 12" Sony sub, Billet grill....
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/quadracer250r/dmaxfarm.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/quadracer250r/dmaxfarm2.jpg
This is the best picture I have of it with my 18's on it. This is pulling my friend's dirt car to one of his races. 18" Ice Metal wheels with Toyo Open Country tires
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/quadracer250r/99trailer2.jpg

Right now I'm saving up to build the transmission with the Suncoast Gmax 6 kit, a Precision Industries converter, and a Airdog II Lift pump. I also have Recon LED cab lights but I just can't bring myself to drill holes in my roof.

400exrider707
12-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Nice rig. I see you're in NY. Check out www.upstatebombers.com it's an upstate NY diesel club. If you ever need good deals on parts too, you can check out www.upstatedieselperformance.com they own the forum as well so the owners are on there and will give great deals to locals.;)

Nac's22
12-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks! I'll have to look them up next time I'm in the market for parts.

400exrider707
12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Nac's22
Thanks! I'll have to look them up next time I'm in the market for parts.

Check out the forum anyways, there's usually get togethers going on, dates get posted for local sled pulls and the club has a dyno day in the spring every year. One of the part owners has an 07 LBZ making close to 800rwhp. It's a crew cab that's run 11.70's in the 1/4.

TCracin440ex
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
my stepdads 03 lb7 duramax. fully loaded heater leather and everything. bone stock except for an edge attitude with juice outlook monitor.

this pic is before he put the 2 inch leveling kit, and 34inch nitto tera graps on 17x9 moto metal wheels. i dont have any good pics of it now with the lift but it looks 100x better with the lift

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/021-3.jpg

TCracin440ex
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
here is a few crappy pics of it after the leveling kit and the wheels/tires

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/002-27.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/003-24.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/004-27.jpg

xrxmxcx
12-08-2010, 05:27 AM
man that black truck really stand out in the night..

:ermm:

Dave400ex
12-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Here's mine. 07 Chevy LBZ/6spd Allison. Performance wise it has a 4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust straight piped, BD manifold, Banks intercooler tube, blocked EGR, Rail Shimmed, Edge CTS Insight for Gauges, Idaho Rob (ATP Trucks) DSP5 EFI Live tuning, Airdog 2 quick connect/disconnect and a Transgo Jr. shift kit.

Suspension it has the full Cognito leveling kit. UCA's, Bilstein 5100's all around, Pitman and Idler arm braces, Rare Parts HD Tie Rods and Energy Sway Bar and End Link Bushings. 18" Mamba's with 285-65-18 Nitto's.

Other I had the windows tinted to match and has Line X Xtra bedliner.

Dave400ex
12-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Other side. I am looking for a beater so I can park it for the winter!

rollie
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
VERY nice truck!!!, are you happy with the cognito stuff? i've read everywhere its the best out there but never talk to someone that actually has it

trx310R#24
12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Other side. I am looking for a beater so I can park it for the winter!

i want it!

Dave400ex
12-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rollie
VERY nice truck!!!, are you happy with the cognito stuff? i've read everywhere its the best out there but never talk to someone that actually has it

Thanks.

I am happy with it. I was able to raise the front end and maintain close to the factory ride, keeping the gap between the frame stop and UCA. Everything is heavy duty. The braces will just make the pitman and idler last much longer. I did go with the Rare Parts HD tie rods because I had read some things about the Cognito's wearing out early. So far so good. The shocks help also. I plan to get the new rear body mounts GM updated that I have heard makes a huge difference in the ride.

FHKracingZ
12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
here was my dirty max b4 i got rid of it.

Rancho 4inch lift
BMF Sota wheels w/ toyo tires
Billet grill and logo
nerfs and other items to.

bens250ex
12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a 4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust (most don't know that a "turbo back" on a dmax is actually only from the downpipe back), MBRP downpipe

I also have Recon LED cab lights but I just can't bring myself to drill holes in my roof.

What are you talkin about on the turbo back? turbo back usually means from the turbo back, which includes the downpipe..? just confused on what your talkin about..

Also i did the recon led cab lights on my truck.. 3 holes per light, just line em up good and nut up and do it. the first few holes are nerv racking but as long as you take your time and check it a million times its fine.

Dave400ex
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
He is correct, they are downpipe back. The actual downpipe from the turbo isn't included and has to be bought separate from the exhaust. It has been said they lower egt and make more power, but only at higher rpm.

Nac's22
12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by bens250ex
What are you talkin about on the turbo back? turbo back usually means from the turbo back, which includes the downpipe..? just confused on what your talkin about..

Also i did the recon led cab lights on my truck.. 3 holes per light, just line em up good and nut up and do it. the first few holes are nerv racking but as long as you take your time and check it a million times its fine.

Dave400ex is correct. There is a downpipe off the turbo that has a flange on the bottom of it with like a band clamp on steroids. The part that you actually start with is the pipe that replaces the cat and the stock 90* end that fits right on the stock down pipe. The new downpipe does drop the egts and they make slight power difference if any. I got that along with the bd exhaust manifold mainly to drop my egts, which they did. And there is something about drilling something like 13 holes in the roof of my truck that I just don't like. Since you only drilled 3 holes I'm assuming it was only for the wireing, what did you use to attach them? Self tappers? Also did you put some kind of silicon down to make sure it doesn't leak?

Nac's22
12-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Dave- First off awesome truck. When did you get EFI Live? I got the Edge last year about a month before they let out the DSP switch's for the LBZ. Really kick myself for that because the only reason I chose the Edge was because the DSP switches weren't available at the time. I'm thinking about doing EFI when I build the trans. What tunes do you have from Rob and how do you like them? I hear nothing but great things about him on the Duramax forum. How hard was it to install the switch and all that stuff. I really don't know much about them.

TCracin440ex
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Dave- First off awesome truck. When did you get EFI Live? I got the Edge last year about a month before they let out the DSP switch's for the LBZ. Really kick myself for that because the only reason I chose the Edge was because the DSP switches weren't available at the time. I'm thinking about doing EFI when I build the trans. What tunes do you have from Rob and how do you like them? I hear nothing but great things about him on the Duramax forum. How hard was it to install the switch and all that stuff. I really don't know much about them.

i think with efi live you have to buy the license too to use the software.

dont get it twisted PPE hot +2 is a good tuner too. those are probally the best 2. efi live being the best. and ppe comming in a close 2nd

Dave400ex
12-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Thanks, you too!

I got the EFI installed mid October. If you are going to get the trans built, don't think about getting EFI, do it! There is no comparison. I currently have stock, mileage, tow with turbo brake, 80hp and 100hp tune. It is setup for the stock trans. They are awesome. The 80hp tune won't hook up if I boost any at all in 2wd. I haven't tried the 100hp tune yet because the trans won't last long with it if I am hard on it. I don't think there is a better tuner out there than Rob, that is why I went with him. I am only 2.5 hours from both Fleece and Danville so that is nice, but I wanted him to tune my truck. The switch install is pretty easy. Just route it through the grommet in the firewall like you would for egt gauges and there are 2 pins you have to add into the ecm. I mounted my switch underneath the dash so it was easy and I can bend down and reach it. You can get a complete programmed ECM or I just had Rob email me the tunes and had a local guy upload them into the truck.

Who are you going to have build the trans?

Dave400ex
12-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex

dont get it twisted PPE hot +2 is a good tuner too. those are probally the best 2. efi live being the best. and ppe comming in a close 2nd

You do have to buy a license to use the software. However you have some options when doing it. You can buy the complete program, and most include the license and several include a tune or 2 as well. Second you can get a programmed ECM and just switch out your stock one with one that already has tunes loaded in and then either send your stock one in for a core charge or just keep it. Last you can do what I did, have the tunes emailed to you and then have someone local load them into the truck. Tuners are picky about who they will allow to install their tunes though.

EFI Live is without a doubt the best and I don't think I'd put the PPE at a close 2nd. 2nd yes, but not close. The more you do to the truck the better EFI live is because you can adjust for everything.

Just make sure you choose a good tuner, it is important on the LBZ and LMM to keep the cylinder pressure down or you could crack a piston. It is also better to keep the pulsewidth and timing lower as well. They have to find the happy medium to make power and keep it somewhat safe. Anything over stock has the potential to crack a piston. If I get my trans built I will be adding some larger nozzles as well because when you do that you can make the same peak hp but keep the PW and timing lower.

slosh13
12-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Heres mine......

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garageimage.php?do=full&p=113623&d=1277155221

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garageimage.php?do=full&p=113629&d=1277155252

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garageimage.php?do=full&p=113622&d=1277155210

see link for mods...

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=30333

Nac's22
12-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Who are you going to have build the trans?

Well I'm still looking around, its a lot of money to spend to have it built so I have some time before I have it all. I would like to have it built by Big Dipper in Baltimore Maryland. Seems like a lot of guys from the NJ,PA,NY area go there and everything I read says hes the best. Funny thing is that Idaho Rob even posted on a very recent thread on the Duramax Forum about him saying he agrees that he is the best at it. I figure I can drive down on a saturday, have him build it, and drive back. They say it takes him roughly 6 hours to do it so I think I can wait that long for it. If all else fails I know there is a guy on the Duramax Forum in CT that builds them too and I hear hes good too. But Big Dipper is the best so I'm going to try for him. How was the install of the Airdog? Got any pics of where you mounted it? I'm sure thats going to be the next mod on my truck.

rpfeifer11
12-12-2010, 11:12 AM
What's the best year for the duramax? I read on a forum the 06-07 were the best years?

rpfeifer11
12-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Dave400ex. Your truck is so far my favorite. That is one of the nicest trucks I have ever seen. It has the perfect amount of mods and the wheels and suspension give it a perfect stance. I currently own a 2005 f250 powerstroke but I have been looking at duramaxs. They just seem like a better all around truck.

Dave400ex
12-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Well I'm still looking around, its a lot of money to spend to have it built so I have some time before I have it all. I would like to have it built by Big Dipper in Baltimore Maryland. Seems like a lot of guys from the NJ,PA,NY area go there and everything I read says hes the best. Funny thing is that Idaho Rob even posted on a very recent thread on the Duramax Forum about him saying he agrees that he is the best at it. I figure I can drive down on a saturday, have him build it, and drive back. They say it takes him roughly 6 hours to do it so I think I can wait that long for it. If all else fails I know there is a guy on the Duramax Forum in CT that builds them too and I hear hes good too. But Big Dipper is the best so I'm going to try for him. How was the install of the Airdog? Got any pics of where you mounted it? I'm sure thats going to be the next mod on my truck.

Your right on the lot of money to spend. I want to get it done, but that is alot to shell out for fun. I think I'll go until the stocker goes out. Big Dipper is the way to go in that area. The one in CT your talking about is Ben. I would go with George at Big Dipper. If I get mine done I'll have Fleece do it, as they are one of the best on the east coast as well. I rode in a 675hp LMM they built with the Gmax 6 kit and 1058 converter and it was awesome.

The Airdogs are pretty easy to install. I'm sure you could do it in a couple hours. I don't have any pictures of it mounted actually. I need to do that. I'll try to get some this week. I am hoping to find a car so I can park it by the end of this next week.

Dave400ex
12-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rpfeifer11
Dave400ex. Your truck is so far my favorite. That is one of the nicest trucks I have ever seen. It has the perfect amount of mods and the wheels and suspension give it a perfect stance. I currently own a 2005 f250 powerstroke but I have been looking at duramaxs. They just seem like a better all around truck.

Thanks. I spent a lot of money and time this past year making sure I got the best parts available to get it how I wanted it. I still have quite a few things I'd like to do.

My Dad has an 08 LMM and so far neither one of us has had any issues. The Duramaxs are good trucks. They all have their issues.

As far as the best year most agree the 06-07 LBZ's are the way to go. It took me 9 months to find my truck. Those years are still going for high prices though. There is nothing wrong with the LMM's either, just a body change.

Nac's22
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Dave400ex- Yeah like I said I really want to get it done by Big Dipper, I figure I should treat it like my race quads and not control what I buy by price, make sure I have the best stuff possible. I knew the guy's name was Ben, just wasn't sure if you did lol. Are you on the Duramax Forum? And yeah if you get a chance can you please post some pics of where you have it mounted. Thanks man

rpfeifer11- In my opinion the 2006.5-2007 Duramaxs are the most desireable. Those are the ones with the LBZ motor and the 6 speed Allison. Easiest way to tell is the LBZ has the 8th place on the vin # as a D. They are hard to find, it took me almost a year to get mine. And yeah just like Dave said, they still go for a pretty high price.

Dave400ex
12-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah I'm on DuramaxForum, TheDieselPlace, DuramaxDiesels, Dmax Central, and Competition Diesel. I get on about everyday. I like to talk to Trent Nell, he is doing some awesome stuff.

Dave400ex
12-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Here are a couple pics of it mounted.

Dave400ex
12-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Outside frame. You can see where the frame starts to bend.

kyleschonert
12-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Here is my 04 GMC SLT with the LLY Engine.

Cognito Leveling Kit
Magna Flow 5 Inch Exhaust from Turbo Back
ISSPRO EV2 Boost and Pyro Gauges
K&N Intake (Soon to be replaced with AFE)
EGR Block
PPE Excellerator Standard
Helo 835's with Kuhmo Road Venture MT's

This is my first diesel truck and I love it! Dad has an LMM and we are both fond of our Duramax's. Looked at a few Cummins' of the same year but couldn't justify buying a truck and having to drop an additional 3-5 grand for a tranny that would hold up.

Lots of good looking trucks in here!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/kyleschonert/127.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/kyleschonert/126.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/kyleschonert/125.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/kyleschonert/124.jpg

IOWAracer
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
well I started this thread figure i better put up a pic of my truck...

Its an 01 LB7 with 105K bone stock except the stack...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/gettinbeat/dmax-1.jpg

KXRida
08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Well I'll start. Its a 2007 Silverado Classic 2500HD. It has the 6 speed Allison and the LBZ Duramax motor. It has right around 69,350 miles on it. I have a 4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust (most don't know that a "turbo back" on a dmax is actually only from the downpipe back), MBRP downpipe, BD driver side exhaust manifold, S&B Intake, Edge Evolution Race CS, 8,000K HID in the lows and fogs, Transgo Jr. shift kit, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, 12" Sony sub, Billet grill....
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/quadracer250r/dmaxfarm.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/quadracer250r/dmaxfarm2.jpg
This is the best picture I have of it with my 18's on it. This is pulling my friend's dirt car to one of his races. 18" Ice Metal wheels with Toyo Open Country tires
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd70/quadracer250r/99trailer2.jpg

Right now I'm saving up to build the transmission with the Suncoast Gmax 6 kit, a Precision Industries converter, and a Airdog II Lift pump. I also have Recon LED cab lights but I just can't bring myself to drill holes in my roof.

Honestly I'd go PPE for the tranny. Buddy of mine has the exact same truck and honestly the suncoast didn't seem to hold up very well for the price, mainly the clutches. He recently went with a ppe stage 4 and it runs a hell of a lot better, a lot more firm too. He also got 5 custom tunes wrote as well for efi live I hate to say it but I think he will now pull from my stroker. Guess it's time to add more goodies to mine.

Originally posted by TCracin440ex

If you already have a hot +2 buy efi live and just copy and save the tunes. After that you can sell the hot +2 and pretty much cover your efi live buy. Not to mention if someone pays the $100 vin and doesn't want a hot tune, you have all of the PPE tunes to tune their truck with. Kinda a cheat, but it works.

When I was looking for my crewcab I contemplated going with an LMM ccsb that was at the local chevy dealer but still couldn't pass up how my 6.4's run. Good looking trucks guys.

Dave400ex
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Honestly I'd go PPE for the tranny. Buddy of mine has the exact same truck and honestly the suncoast didn't seem to hold up very well for the price, mainly the clutches. He recently went with a ppe stage 4 and it runs a hell of a lot better, a lot more firm too. He also got 5 custom tunes wrote as well for efi live I hate to say it but I think he will now pull from my stroker. Guess it's time to add more goodies to mine.

Who built his trans? How long was the Suncoast in? Did he have the old Suncoast stage 4? Just curious. The Gmax hasn't been out real long so not sure if he would have had that.

Dave400ex
08-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Recent one of mine.

Dave400ex
08-29-2011, 05:21 PM
:D

jrspawn
08-29-2011, 07:04 PM
My boat hooked up to my other boat:devil:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/jrspawn/58658c02.jpg

KXRida
08-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Who built his trans? How long was the Suncoast in? Did he have the old Suncoast stage 4? Just curious. The Gmax hasn't been out real long so not sure if he would have had that.

I'm sure he didn't have the gmax. Builder wise, off hand I can't remember who he went through but it was a big named diesel company. IMO you still can't beat elite's tranny's, but so far I'm rather impressed with the PPE stuff. The only thing that makes me stay away from elite is their customer service blows hardcore.

DVXchic
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Heres a pick of ours, nothing done but the lift, tires and a chip.

DVXchic
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM

FHKracingZ
08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
right after I got some rock chips touched up,and the body shop buffed it all! love my truck, hate the payments! haha

KXRida
08-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
right after I got some rock chips touched up,and the body shop buffed it all! love my truck, hate the payments! haha

damn nice truck! Very similar to what I was looking at before I bought my stroker. I hear yah on the payments. Those mamba's you have on there?

Dave400ex
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm sure he didn't have the gmax. Builder wise, off hand I can't remember who he went through but it was a big named diesel company. IMO you still can't beat elite's tranny's, but so far I'm rather impressed with the PPE stuff. The only thing that makes me stay away from elite is their customer service blows hardcore.

Don't hear much about Elite when it comes to the Duramax. I think there are much better options out there for the Allison. Interesting thing is that if he had a Suncoast Stage 4 before, the PPE stage 5 is a copy of that. Both kits use Alto red eagle clutches and kolene steels. So who knows what happened. The Gmax kit have different C3 & C4 clutches. Gmax is suppose to be better. The PPE 5 and Gmax seem to be the best things going right now. I just ordered a Gmax6-3, Precision ML Converter, Mike L pressure spring, downpipe, Merchant pump rub fix & fluid. Will be getting updated tunes as well. Should be fun!

KXRida
08-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Is there any real difference between the stage 4 and 5 from ppe, besides the price? Something may have gone hay-wire, it's hard to say but the ppe seems to have a lot more positive shifts and locks hard. Elite doesn't do too much with the dmaxes, but their powerstroke stuff is second to none. Too bad many have had major issues with ordering from them directly, me being one of them. I'm hoping to get a newer lift pump here soon and build a tranny. Most guys are seeing mid to low 12's with the setup I have now so it should be interesting.

Dave400ex
08-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Stage 5 has more clutches and modified apply pistons.

quad2xtreme
09-01-2011, 07:21 AM
My 2003 Black Silverado HD2500 diesel looks like every other stock Silverado. The only thing amazing about this one is it doesn't have a single ding anywhere and has 140,000 miles. Still on all the original brake pads which is amazing because I pull a 7,500 lb trailer a lot.

I replaced all the injectors at 120,000 miles, had one wheel bearing assembly go out at 50,000 miles, and replaced the pitman and idler arms due to some sloppiness at 75,000 miles. This truck has been golden. I hope to have it another 15 years! Nothing like not having a truck payment. :) Hope I didn't jinx myself!

toby400ex
09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
well I started this thread figure i better put up a pic of my truck...

Its an 01 LB7 with 105K bone stock except the stack...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/gettinbeat/dmax-1.jpg So you destroyed your bed to put a stack in it?:huh

KXRida
09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
So you destroyed your bed to put a stack in it?:huh

One reason why I'd never put one in, the second is they're about as gay as two boys kissing imo.

beastlywarrior
09-05-2011, 09:16 PM
na i like stacks but if you wanted it wouldnt be hard to put the bed back how it was

Dave400ex
09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
One reason why I'd never put one in, the second is they're about as gay as two boys kissing imo.

I am not a fan of them, but I do like the single stacks much better. I believe they have their place, but that is on a competition sled puller or drag racer.

Nac's22
09-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Got different plans. Heading down the George at Big Dipper to get the whole tranny done this winter with whatever he says. He's the expert so as long as he knows I only want to build it once I think it will turn out good. Englishtown Diesel Nationals is next weekend so I'll be picking up a Air Dog there and then I'm getting EFI Live through Rob at ATP. By this time next year I want 550+ at the rear tires. New pics coming soon with my new Reflexxion cowl induction hood, 2011 badges, and 2011 cab lights.

JessetheKid
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
heres my rig
04 lb7
zf6 manual tranny
efi live
mbrp ext
afe intake
larger turbo intake horn
southbend dual disc waiting to be installed...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/crazyracer31r/100_0839.jpg

honda400ex2003
09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
nice trucks guys! duramax for the win!

steve

400exrider707
09-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Dave.... gorgeous truck.

KXRida
09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Got different plans. Heading down the George at Big Dipper to get the whole tranny done this winter with whatever he says. He's the expert so as long as he knows I only want to build it once I think it will turn out good. Englishtown Diesel Nationals is next weekend so I'll be picking up a Air Dog there and then I'm getting EFI Live through Rob at ATP. By this time next year I want 550+ at the rear tires. New pics coming soon with my new Reflexxion cowl induction hood, 2011 badges, and 2011 cab lights.

I wanted to go to the diesel nats in ohio this weekend but don't have the funds and didn't get around to doing my egr delete that I wanted to. I went to numidia and it was awesome. Honestly you'll probably get a better deal on an air dog if you join an online forum and buy from their vendors. The guys at numidia didn't want to budge much on their prices and didn't have a big selection, mostly cummins stuff. XDP was handing out coupon codes for 15% off anything from their site.

I did end up racing my buddy's duramax now that he got all his work done (studs, lift pump, tranny, custom efi tunes, etc). Well the stroker still won from a dig. His Dmax will definitely pull harder on top end but it takes him the better part of 1/8 mile til he even starts to stop falling behind but then he'll creep up on me. If he could get a better launch it would be close, but I'm thinking game over after I get my tranny built and do some more fuel mods. After that I guess it's time to save up a lot of coin for some cab off work. With an elite fuel system, new hpfp, injections, and the industrial injection upgrade I'm shooting for 650-700hp. That seems to be the range that setup is good for.

Dave400ex
09-14-2011, 05:46 PM

George is the way to go over there. At 550+ you're looking at more than just tuning and lift pump. My goal is 550rwhp. I think I am going to go with the 4094 with Billet wheel from Mark at Danville, EGR delete and get an Intake, then call it good. Cross my fingers that the pistons hold!

Dave400ex
09-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Dave.... gorgeous truck.

Thanks! A lot of time and even more money making it the way I want it. Just hope I can find the stopping point soon!

400exrider707
09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks! A lot of time and even more money making it the way I want it. Just hope I can find the stopping point soon!

What's a stopping point? haha. Not gonna happen!

Your truck is really well executed. I love the color and the wheel choice complements it extremely well. I've got an 06 SC/SB 4x4 F250, black with a silver two tone, and I'm really wanting some of the black/machined BMF SOTA's in a 20x10.

I have a lead on some LB7 pistons with the bowls already cut if you're interested. Buddy of mine has an 07 GMC cc/sb that run's 11.70's, I know he's got other parts laying around for LB7's too if you need anything shoot me a PM.

bens250ex
09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JessetheKid
heres my rig
04 lb7
zf6 manual tranny
efi live
mbrp ext
afe intake
larger turbo intake horn
southbend dual disc waiting to be installed...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/crazyracer31r/100_0839.jpg

did you use the zf6 out of a stroker?

400exrider707
09-15-2011, 01:36 PM
They came in Chevy's too...

bens250ex
09-16-2011, 09:52 AM
are they the same cases or what? never looked into what chevy used.

TCracin440ex
09-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
are they the same cases or what? never looked into what chevy used.

the zf6 is a good tranny. with a southbend dual disk they will handle quite a bit.

bens250ex
09-17-2011, 07:23 AM
^^^^ im not bein a dick but that was not my question, i know what the zf6 is in a ford. I just didn't know if someone knew if it was the same mounting style as the ford or what?

JessetheKid
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
I am not sure as far as mounting goes, but I do not believe they two of them are interchangeable. I like it, but the stock clutch is a huge weak point when you tune these trucks(to be expected)

Big downfall is a dual disc for a duramax is nearly twice what one for a cummins would cost because they make so many of them.

But not many people can say the own a stickshift duramax

Ruby Soho
09-19-2011, 08:03 AM
i would love to own a 6spd duramax. extremely rare, around here atleast.

400exrider707
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
My good buddy who sits one cubicle over from me here at work, has an 02 LB7 with 189,000 miles on the stock clutch. It needs to be replaced ASAP, but he's still driving it. Poor truck has had a hard life too, he skids logs with it, fills the bed with gravel, plows with it, just USES it good and hard, can't believe the clutch hasn't ever been replaced before though...

IOWAracer
09-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
So you destroyed your bed to put a stack in it?:huh

I dont think a small 5 inch hole in the corner of my bed is necessarily destroyed... its different thats for sure and if you heard the truck with a stack compared to normal rear exitting exhaust you would change you mind!

I also have a cap i made to plug the whole in case I ever do remove it or sell it!

KXRida
09-27-2011, 04:26 AM
There should only be one hole cut in the bed of a truck... and that's for a gooseneck

400exrider707
09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
It's personal preference in most cases, but a lot of competition vehicles it's mandatory to have a stack. Mainly pulling trucks and drag trucks. If you've ever seen a turbo blow apart, you probably would understand. How do you think a crowd full of people would feel if a turbine blew out the exhaust at a billion miles an hour? Hood stacks and normal stacks do serve purposes despite what some people think.

Dave400ex
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
It's personal preference in most cases, but a lot of competition vehicles it's mandatory to have a stack. Mainly pulling trucks and drag trucks. If you've ever seen a turbo blow apart, you probably would understand. How do you think a crowd full of people would feel if a turbine blew out the exhaust at a billion miles an hour? Hood stacks and normal stacks do serve purposes despite what some people think.

Yep this is correct. Most drag strips want the smoke/soot going up so it is not getting on the surface as well. The smoke can also cause issues when sled pulling not allowing the laser to read the distance. For a competition truck the stack does make sense.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtT5tSJqmI&feature=channel_video_title

KXRida
09-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to say that none of these trucks posted are competition drag or pull trucks. IMO on a street truck stacks are stupid. The only way I'd put one on is the avoid sooting a trailer. When I do tow my enclosed I turn my tunes down anyway to a tow tune that puts out very little smoke.

Ruby Soho
09-27-2011, 11:06 PM
ive had duals, singles, you name it. its preference. i dont love them, but they were a fun project to make so i ran them. im personally done with stacks for now. im enjoying the 4" out the back. nice and quite.

however i dont think its bad to have stacks on a street truck. then anyone who owns a 5" exhaust shouldnt run one because there isnt a point. or anyone who doesnt offroad shouldnt own a lift. its only the spot where your exhaust ends up.. not a big deal. i think most trucks can pull it off. there are some stacks i dont like but im not going to hate on them, if thats how they like their truck than good for them.

400exrider707
09-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to say that none of these trucks posted are competition drag or pull trucks. IMO on a street truck stacks are stupid. The only way I'd put one on is the avoid sooting a trailer. When I do tow my enclosed I turn my tunes down anyway to a tow tune that puts out very little smoke.

Hard to tell if anyone here competes in anything of the sort by just looking at their trucks. A lot of guys DD their competition trucks too. Not everyone can afford a DD truck and a separate puller/dragster. I'm sure most people who have them don't need them, myself included, but I like them so who cares?

flyin#5
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Love my 06 dirtymax.... no emissions bs, 6spd tranny. Just running edge and exhaust for now. Build the tranny and do efi live one of these days.