PDA

View Full Version : RECALL ON PREDATOR 500's

440exnacsracer
02-10-2003, 08:17 PM
yep, in case your an owner and havent got the notice, call your dealer and see if your quad was one of the ones that has been recalled. the bolts on the front calipers are coming loose prematurely. i more thing, for the predator owners, is your rear caliper bracket coming loose and jumping while riding? mine and my friends is, no biggie. i know someone will rag on the polaris's now, but i just thought id let yall know. lata
Ben

02-10-2003, 08:20 PM
how do u like it compared to your 400? what did your 400 look like?

02-10-2003, 08:22 PM
as you see the predators suck, watch they will be recalled again because of something for ex. the air box coming out

440exnacsracer
02-10-2003, 08:32 PM
i would not trade my predator for ANY stock quad other than a moto. i absoulutly LOVE it. my ex is bad and has a very good low end and aftermarket suspesion all around, but this thing is just bad. the first week i had it i didnt like it cause it is REALLY weird, but now i hate anything else i get on cause it feels like im gonna roll off the trail ( the steering stays REALLY straight) it doesnt have the bottom end i would like to have, but a pipe and air filter will fix that. the powerband is wierd too cause it accelerates like a 2 stroke, but is forgiving like a 4 stroke. the 2 things i dont like is if you land off-camber on a jump, that plastic will leave some serious bruises on your knees, the other, the razr rears dont grip up for crap. as for my 400 though, it was pretty much race ready..more for CC though cause i kept the stock a-arms and axle. the 440 is for sale though. lata
Ben

Z400central
02-10-2003, 10:28 PM
^^^^^ well put!!!! Ive had my fiar share of bad this, bad that, etc.....but you learn to put up with it I guess.??

muff
02-11-2003, 04:51 AM
so the only problems are some bolts loosening up? why not just tighten them?

02-11-2003, 05:52 AM
Before the Polaris bashing starts...early model 400ex's had recalls too..:blah

Stevie-D
02-11-2003, 06:19 AM
i heard about this recall like 2 or 3 weeks ago over at atvconnection. :o :p

Z400central
02-11-2003, 07:52 AM
ya, its not a new recall.

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
02-11-2003, 09:18 AM
The first day we was going for a ride our dealer called us and told us about it... he told us exactly what to do it was no biggie at all just a little tightening(SP?)

I agree now that I am used to it there is nothing I would prefer to ride! and people are bashing it! I love it! is it just because it is a polaris? but I also agree the razr's have pooooor grip...but all you have to do is get a better set of tires!(it probably would help not riding with razrs on ice) I love mine and I cant wait until I am tired of its power so I cant put the 630cc Big Bore Kit!!

luvmyex
02-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Before the Polaris bashing starts...early model 400ex's had recalls too..:blah
Bite your tounge :huh

badass400ex
02-11-2003, 08:26 PM
at least they recall their f***-up's unlike yamaha as far as bashing polaris just because you dont prefer their other models they took a huge step and delivered a big bore high performance quad that apparently rocks

Z400central
02-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by badass400ex
at least they recall their f***-up's unlike yamaha as far as bashing polaris just because you dont prefer their other models they took a huge step and delivered a big bore high performance quad that apparently rocks

:p so true.....Yamaha and their trannys....no recalls AT ALL, and a major safety issue to! wouldnt even warrant the darn things...:huh but Polaris took a HUGE step, and so far....it was a good step...gotta give them an A+ for jumping in.

02-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I also agree the razr's have pooooor grip...but all you have to do is get a better set of tires!(

Do you need an address to send those razr's to :)

Seriously (yes I am looking for a set of rear razr's too) though how bad are they? I have heard they hook up very well.

beerock
02-12-2003, 01:25 AM
A good R will still WHOOP ITS ARSE!!:macho

I like the fact that theres more sport bikes out. Hopefully soon honda will light up the flame. Its about that time, the pwc will be released in the us nation wide and they can focus on the new quad...:cool:

beerock
02-12-2003, 01:27 AM
I also agree the razr's have pooooor grip...but all you have to do is get a better set of tires!(

maybe the predator has traction problems?

lil400exman
02-12-2003, 05:36 PM
like a shee.........shees naturally bad traction cause ur weight is so far foward..........but they are still a sweet quad.............i need to a ride a predator tho.............:devil

440exnacsracer
02-13-2003, 08:26 PM
you should ride one. you wont like it the first time, but after a few rides, you will be hooked. imagine a 4 stroke shee with better handeling than a 400ex....way better....and yes it is way stronger than a shee and it actually has a little low power and hooks up a little more than a shee:devil :D

RED121572
02-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by beerock
A good R will still WHOOP ITS ARSE!!:macho

I like the fact that theres more sport bikes out. Hopefully soon honda will light up the flame. Its about that time, the pwc will be released in the us nation wide and they can focus on the new quad...:cool:

You can pretty much count on Honda coming out with a new quad the will reinvent the wheel...AGAIN. Im looking forward to owning one. :D

Z400central
02-14-2003, 05:20 PM
I plan on getting mine soon.....looking around for lowest prices right now! and just trying to get my sites off the ground as well.