PDA

View Full Version : race schedule

don bassani
12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I just do not understand why local race schedules seem to always conflict with nationals. We have a tough enough time getting quad numbers to a race ,so why would you conflict with nationals.The Rolling Stones and the Who do not book concerts the same day!!!It seems like common sense to me.Our local district has conflicted once again and once again they will be complaining about lack of participation.Last year district 6 had 5 dates the same as nationals,this year the very first race conflicts again,I just dont get it.

jerkyboy
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Don the district is turning into a joke. Its going to be split between the D6 and the new MDRA6 cause the track owners cant get along. Not sure yet which one we will run.

Logan #34's Dad
12-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Hey boys, this is exactly what brought down my local AMA district. District 12 track owners thought they would get more dirtbikes IF they got rid of the quads. They voted and one vote carried the motion to ban quads. One year later a track that had been around for 30 plus years closed its gates and is now a flat field. One year later the whole district was gone.
So, your district should take notice. If quad numbers fall off they may be out of business. We may not come in huge numbers but our money helps cover overall costs.
I don't understand why the BIG AMA does not mandate what classes must be offered and mandate that IF there is a National race with-in say 75 miles then no AMA affiliated track can run a similar race - Bikes or Quads. You'd think the District promotors would pay attention to the National Schedules especially if your have a few National riders that normally attend the local races.
SOMEDAY THEY WILL PUT ME IN CHARGE! :devil:

EthansDad
12-07-2010, 07:06 AM
SOMEDAY THEY WILL PUT ME IN CHARGE!

Rocky for President! heh, thats funny.

our regional promoters actually run the ATVA national series (pro am / ricky dearing) so they do a good job of not conflicting. our other big track series not so much. problem is they release their schedule before the nats. I think they have figured out having national level riders on their series is good for their business, but don't go the extra step to make it easy for us to attend.

problem is neither series gets a great draw for quads on gates, so will be lucky to have it again another year.

-EA

jerkyboy
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
The new problem we are having is that a few track owners dont get along and are trying to start another series. The new MDRA6 and the D6 are going to run different tracks. Not sure which to run still waiting for the D6 to post a shedule.

dblacks
12-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Hapens all over.

Ill bet you find they schedule the mx bike races and then fit the mx atv races in.

Same problem we have at NEATV due to the bike races getting the preference with the tracks. We usually have to wait until Feb. to get a complete schedule