PDA

View Full Version : ebay help

IRISH-RACER-14
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
so a guy is selling something on ebay by an auction. i sent him a message offering money. he accepts. now whats the best way for us to do this. he wants to cancell the auction and have me send paypal to pay for it. but i would like to do it throught ebay so i wont get ripped off? can he add a buy it now option to the auction or must he create a new one so i can buy it now?

IRISH-RACER-14
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
also he has 100% feedback

CJM
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I wouldnt DARE do it that way, if he screws you-you only got paypal to go back on. Ebay protects you.

Go ahead send him cash thru paypal, just hope you dont get burnt. he can add a buy it now, fixed price or whatever.

CJM
12-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I wouldnt DARE do it that way, if he screws you-you only got paypal to go back on. Ebay protects you.

Go ahead send him cash thru paypal, just hope you dont get burnt. he can add a buy it now, fixed price or whatever.

miller821
12-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Sounds like he's wanting to get around the fee's of ebay... Might be legit, might not be... Go with your gut.

Whatever you do though, don't send any money via paypal gift.

Ferris
12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
If it's an auction he can end the auction early to sell to the high bidder. Just bid on it and them have him end the auction to sell it to you. The only catch is I'm sure your agreed to price will most likely be more than the bid will show.

jcs003
12-06-2010, 01:37 AM
request an invoice with the agreed upon amount.

Thumpin440ex
12-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Check the guys feedback out first.. If it is good, I wouldn't worry about sending the money.. Pay pal will back you also, if you do not get your item.. Do not send the money as a gift do it the legit way with sending it for goods or other.. Just make a note in the area provided, stated what the money is for... If there is a problem, you can atest it and papal will lock his account untill you say things are good.. Your still safe...

John