PDA

View Full Version : Im Back again

jrsmith_80
12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Ive been a member for quite a while but got out of the ATV world after a couple knee surgeries and what not. I just bought myself a 2006 50th Anniversary YFZ450 thats in damn good shape. The bike has a full Curtis Exhaust along with a Stage 3 Jet kit, K&N Filter and a New Intake. What are some things that I need to look out for on this bike (problems or things to keep an eye on) as I have been away for a good three or four years. I am going to pick the bike up tomorrow evening and I am stoked!!!:D

I also bought my wife an 08 Raptor 250 and my son a 09 Raptor 250, is there anything to keep an eye out for on these bikes as well?

It feels good to be back in the sport!!!

madsmokey12
12-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Thats Awesome man Sounds like a Good Week. as far as i know just Do your Standard oil Changes and check your Oil every week or so. make sure your engine is getting oil and clean your Filters you should be good

quadrider2112
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Keep an eye on the raptors engine mounts if you ride them hard that will be the first thing to break.

raykspradlin
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
the 04-06 have a bad habit of not lubricating both the crank bearings and the wrist pin...I have an 06 se also, and learned the hard way...I ended up finding a good deal on a complete low hour bottom end from a 2008, and switched mine out...but for $200 bucks you can send your case off and get it modified, and then they'll send you it back, along with a high velocity oil pump, and the gasket set...well worth it in my opinion...here's the link...they do great work, and have an unbelievably fast turnaround...
http://www.jtatv.com/Yamaha_YFZ_450_Oil_Upgrade_s/4.htm

stevestauff
12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
raptors are great but the frames are prone to bending even by light impacts to the front i suggest getting them gussetted as soon as possible.

reconmaster
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
always check the shock bolts and your cotter pins. I found the shock bolts would get loose every couple rides. i noticed lately my motor mount bolt going into the front of the motor goes loose every couple of weeks of riding