PDA

View Full Version : putting a little pressure on big brother (video)

thequadfather+2
12-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Little brother getting the hole shot and putting pressure on big brother. In all fairness, Jordan's shocks are all messed up, (Motowoz on the way) and his back is still sore from a wreck last week but his 7 year old brother has no mercy for him....Infact this was moto-2. In moto-1 little brother led the first three laps:D

Jordan is lined up just on the outside of the dog house, his little brother Brady is the closest one to the camera on the gate, (wearing green).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZQWpce1J7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZQWpce1J7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ride1Rob
12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Great riding boys

hotquads1
12-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Nice vid, which engine is Brady running , 70?

thequadfather+2
12-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Marc, I wish that was our 70. I feel like one of those Nascar teams now...Three quads and 5 motors. Thats a spare Malossi I got from Joe (Qcitytile). We are going to run it a couple weeks and make sure it doesnt need anything then box it up for Jordans spare motor.

The 70 is on the engine stand, dont have a plan for it right now. The 50 is on the engine stand, call you later so we can talk about what I need to do on it. We are pleased with the 50 I just gotta learn to tune it and get that pipe we talked about on it.

Brady just recently got off the stock shocks and still hasnt got the soft bars yet on his DRR. He just rides and never complains, now his quad is getting a little TLC.

hawaiianbasshed
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
awesome riding!

and PROPS to the camera man! that was one of the better vids I've seen, mini and regular :) only thing better would be like full paid professional which still would be similar probably just a more expensive camera lol.

those bikes look to be runners for sure and the kids ride them well.

Logan #34's Dad
12-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Brady is becoming a cornering fool! When he gets the strength- big brother is in trouble. Good job!

thequadfather+2
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys....

he is Further along than Jordan was at 7. He seems to drive it deeper into the corner than Jordan but Brady will hit it hard for a few corners and then slack off for a lap or two....

Rocky, I was reading the post on the over range kit on the 50's. Brady will be on one this year. I know the mods really work together better than individual mods but I was suprised how close the motors ran.

They are both Malossi motors, both PCS pipes and both PVL ignitions. But there is a difference...

Jordan is on new DWT tires and has the malossi over range kit, Brady is on the ole trusty snow hogs and stock clutch/variator....

Logan #34's Dad
12-08-2010, 06:48 AM
My opinion about the over-range is: the rear pulley is a good idea on any cc'd engine. The over-range front variator (and there are TWO models) is just too heavy even for a 70cc. That is the only reason it does not work. Ramp angles are just fine. I find it hard to believe any race shop that "changes" ramp angles knows more than the engineers at Malossi.
With that being said, an over-range system will give you no advantage if you don't run a longer belt and the correct angled belt. And of course have it set up right!
Did you see the Stage6 overrange variator? It appears to be a copy of the Malossi BUT with the excess weight cut off. Hmmm.

cik orange
12-08-2010, 07:38 AM
you have to take account that these (overrange) were engineered for scooters Rocky not quads and speedways not mx.And the first overrange system came with a shorter belt.