PDA

View Full Version : dirtbike riders and factory rides?

platummxracer8
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
a1 is coming up and theres still a few guys who dont have rides.
i was riding bmx bikes with jl338 the other week and he was talking to joe gibbs racing and hart and huntington.

Zakradu398
12-05-2010, 08:58 AM
J-Law?

platummxracer8
12-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
J-Law?

yeah jason lawrence

rollie
12-05-2010, 11:38 AM
haha i thought he shut down J-law racing to go with ARMA ?

eastside 400
12-05-2010, 12:52 PM
arma was a team sponsor for Jlaw, but Jlaw was still putting alot of his own money up and couldnt continue to do it. I cant see him going to jgr since they already have davi and brayton, davi couldnt of been too cheap of a rider to get. HH probably has room and their team has that kind of personality but it will be on Kawi's so hes gonna have to leave yami for once

yellowzo3
12-05-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't think anyone is looking to add Jlaw to their team for obvious reasons. If he is trying to work out a deal he really has no bargaining power... If he does sign with someone I'll be surprised but hopefully he's turned things around for himself.

Lots of guys are on new teams this year... It's pretty crazy. Some guys have all new contracts with new teams, new brand of bikes, new gear, new trainers, etc... Was just watching a few vids on twmx and it seems like every rider I watched was in a whole new deal for this season :p ...Everyone seemed happy with their new setups though so it should be a good season. I never really liked Grant for some reason but in his newest vid online he seems like he has a good attitude and is happy with his new setup as well so :cool: to that.

Who else doesn't have a ride yet for this season?

eastside 400
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
christophe still doesnt. Word is the HOT team isnt racing this year and thats who Izzi was going to ride for so sounds like he is without a ride now. spangler didnt get a ride as far as i know of, atleast not a semi-major team and he showed some really good speed at steel city. I believe Jlaw might have started to turn things around, its hard to tell with him though, he put it a tough ride at steel city, he finished both motos and got the recovery or hardcharger reward or whatever but then messed his ankle up right before pala

Baracudaaa
12-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Someone over on Thumper Talk posted that J-Law got arrested again at a race. Dont know if its true, but sounds like he is still the same.

eastside 400
12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
so you have no clue if the post is legit or any details on anything that happened but you know he is still the same person:confused:

jesseweaver
12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
im so bummed that andrew short went to KTM, especially after the year outdoors that alessi had on it

dehner47
12-06-2010, 02:51 PM
everyone wrote off Josh Hanson years ago also. until a great team manager/team owner like Mitch Peyton came along and gave him another chance... look at him now!!!

eastside 400
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
the KTM isnt the problem with what happened this year with Mike. i think the 350 might play into short's advantage indoors and he most likely switching to the 450 outdoors. The only thing im not sure of is how Short's going to do with switching to a new bike, in the past he took a while to get setup right

Baracudaaa
12-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by eastside 400
so you have no clue if the post is legit or any details on anything that happened but you know he is still the same person:confused:

Yep, when in doubt, believe what is posted on the net when it works for your point of view!

madskrillz2
12-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by eastside 400

Well I mean he IS Jason Lawrence lol

SRH
12-07-2010, 11:44 AM
if jlaw gets his pre jail speed back with a grown up mentality dungey better watch out... i hope he finds himself a ride

yellowzo3
12-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't know you guys, with the season getting closer I've been browsing the usual MX sites and there's videos of all the guys testing, talking about their new teams and rides, and even videos of guys that just lost their spots with their former teams making videos letting people know they need a ride for the upcoming season.

Not one word mentioned about Jlaw anywhere, unless they have something coming on him. Seems like he just disappeared out of the scene.

Eastside, I agree 100% about Short taking a while to get in the groove. Seemed like last season he was doing fairly well. He's one of my favorite riders but I think switching to an entirely new bike is going to hurt him this season. I hope I'm wrong though because hes a good guy and one of my fav's.

SRH
12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
I don't know you guys, with the season getting closer I've been browsing the usual MX sites and there's videos of all the guys testing, talking about their new teams and rides, and even videos of guys that just lost their spots with their former teams making videos letting people know they need a ride for the upcoming season.

Not one word mentioned about Jlaw anywhere, unless they have something coming on him. Seems like he just disappeared out of the scene.

Eastside, I agree 100% about Short taking a while to get in the groove. Seemed like last season he was doing fairly well. He's one of my favorite riders but I think switching to an entirely new bike is going to hurt him this season. I hope I'm wrong though because hes a good guy and one of my fav's.

ive noticed as well, i think he may be having a rough time in his personaly life..drugs? illness? who knows, but transworld is a big supporter of him and for some reason there not even putting him on the map so something is up with him