PDA

View Full Version : Is the KTM right for me??

matt1106
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I am a current owner of a 2002 honda 400ex, and i love the bike to death, but shes getting old, ive recently started racing gncc and local hairscrambles and i just dont think its a good idea to be running a 9 year old bike with TONS of hours in these types races. its already started nickle and diming me. so i think im gonna turn it over to my gf. so my new options right now r between a ktm 525xc and a honda 450r. Now here's my dilema, ive seen wat some of you have paid for your brand new ktm's and thats not anywhere near the numbers ive been getting from the places ive called, i called every ktm dealership in ma. and most have never even sold one, and dont have any in stock, not to mention, they r asking for $10,600!!! i kno i can get a honda 450r for about 3k less than that, but here's the thing, either way i cant afford to make payments and dump the thousands of dollars out of my pocket to put into the honda to get it ready for racing..so id rather just pay the extra every month for the ktm and be pretty much all set except for a steering stabilizer and a slip on. so i guess wat i wanna kno is, is it worth it? am i thinking the right way here?

IdahoMX
12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I paid 7400 for a left over 08 525xc then added a bunch of things that I wanted. I was in the same boat as you and when the math was done I would be into the honda for 3 G more and still have the stock crappy frame. I Havent got to ride it yet but over all fit and finish blows the others away. I know you can a get a 450xc for 6700$ with nerfs at the same dealership I bought mine at. They had 2 left. I bought the last 525. Power very good right out of the box and with a few free mods comes alive. I wanted somthing that not everyone has and bad***** to boot. The KTM has delivered