PDA

View Full Version : help 440 gasket questions

sab24711
12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
hey everyone i have a few questions about gasket combination for the wisco 440 11:1 kit. tell you a little bit about my quad first off it has the aux cooler (gasket maker welcome) base oem gasket used three piece steel head (leaks up front) heli ss coils ( hope not pulled) . im getting a little confused on what base gaskets to use and head gaskets. i think you have to watch out for clearance of valves since its a flat piston. i just really need an expert or someone who has a setup close to this and has had good turn outs with their choice of gaskets. any help is appreciated thanks
jer

togup
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
You shouldnt worry about clearance with a 11.1 im assuming you have weisco gaskets which are good ,my opinion would be to first loosen it up without taking it off then tighten it back up torqueing the bolts incramentally to the specified torque if one doesnt seem to tighten up you know then you have to pull it back apart. As far as the base gasket keep it I personaly dont run them but its a good idea to keep it

sab24711
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
But shouldn't I clean the gasket of oil right now I have the three peice cosmetic . Correct me if I'm wrong bit I think I read that you cam remove one layer and add apply gasket maker. If true what side should I apply it to.?

togup
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
yes if its a new gasket clean it use your fingernail to check the head for nicks or gouges, ive never separated a 3 piece gasket but im pretty sure its got rivits that hold it together. So if you get it apart without destroying it dab gasket sealer on both sides and your there.