PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Sprocket

QuadRacer041
12-04-2010, 06:40 AM
What is the differance between a regular sprocket and a slipper sprocket?

gorpracing
12-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular sproket allows all the torque to go strait in to the tranny. this is how a lot of minis brake trannys. A rider landing on the gas take all that shock into the trans. A slipper has the sproket samwiched between to fiber disc that allows the sprocket to slip a bit and remove the harsh hit to the tranny. Most are torqued to 110lbs others to around 85lbs. There are manly two styles stock and wiley mod I think is the other. Hope this helped

QuadRacer041
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
yes, thank you.

nordic quad
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
This is how the stock one looks like with gearholder.

http://www.4hjulscrosser.dk/pictures_org/gear_clutch-layout.pdf

Stein A

force245
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Are they interchangable. Can you go from solid gear to a slipper?

Logan #34's Dad
01-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by force245
Are they interchangable. Can you go from solid gear to a slipper?

Yes. And I highly recommend you switch to a slipper sprocket.

force245
01-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Thanks. I'm in the process of replacing tranny gear. Last month was frame this month is tranny gears. My little danger angel tearing stuff up. Dad has a big ****eating grin when his 8 year old daughter limps a bike in.

jerkyboy
01-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by force245
Thanks. I'm in the process of replacing tranny gear. Last month was frame this month is tranny gears. My little danger angel tearing stuff up. Dad has a big ****eating grin when his 8 year old daughter limps a bike in.

Watch out that grin can get expensive. The slipper will only help save your tranny, You really need to teach your rider to get off the gas when shes in the air. Thats what hurts these trannys more than anything. Limping that quad pack can also lead to a cracked case. Just something to think about cause many of us have been there.

edwardsp&b
01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Watch out that grin can get expensive. The slipper will only help save your tranny, You really need to teach your rider to get off the gas when shes in the air. Thats what hurts these trannys more than anything. Limping that quad pack can also lead to a cracked case. Just something to think about cause many of us have been there.

You can say that again! I thought the same thing, until I saw the bill for new cases, new tranny gears, labor, etc.. That slipper sprocket doesnt seem that costly now!
Bryan

force245
01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
No doubt that it can get expensive and I would rather not race once and repair all month.. As for getting her to land off gas, that is going to be hard, as she races a KX65 also.. And on jumps, gas on softens the suspension rebound hit... Does so also on quads, but the gear thing makes it hard... or more prone to breaking should I say. What about these slipper clutches.. I have a Stage six from G-Force that is adjusted around 5800 RPM launch...

Logan #34's Dad
01-05-2011, 05:19 AM
The Slipper clutch-bell is probably the best system out there. The one draw back is the cost. Also, I personally was having an issue on our 90 of the bell slipping upon accelleration. It's my understanding that the Maximum RPM/Hetrick system has been improved to address that issue.
However, IF I can get my idea/system finalized and out to production, we may not need either system.

force245
01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
well I'm going to have to use the slipper clutch or sprocket to get me through the season.. It ends in April with a non-points in May. Although there are various arena crosses here and there, I think summer is going to be an uprgrading and modifying time... Maybe your system will be around.. let me know..

selbygirl
01-07-2011, 02:10 PM
we use the slipper sprocket works great and after every 4or 5 races i check the tranny gears the needle bearings dont last long. i seen tranny gears blow up with a slipper clutch . just have to teach your kids not to land on the gas i remind my boy every time he rides and at night i remind my boy to brush his teeth they forget quike

aarond
01-30-2011, 06:01 PM
we broke 4 sets of hardened gears one year , we spent the 350 bucks on the slipperclutch and never broke another set the next year .the problem with the slipper sprokett is the higher hp or snap you get out of the engine wheres them out quicker ,they loosen up alot ,we dnf probably 3 motos that year also just because of broken discs,spend the money on the clutch you wont regret it .

KLCRACING
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM
We use DC slipper clutch without one problem in 2yrs. My rider weighs 100lbs also!!! Was going through slipper sprockets faster than I could pay for them!!! IMO

redonkulousruntsracing
02-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I am currently offering the Maximum RPM slipper clutch set up on special for $399.

fastrnrik
02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Somebody has the same special on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/drr-drx-eton-apex-polaris-mini-quad-slipper-clutch-/360152742570?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53dac6baaa

force245
02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow. Maximum rpm has the same deal. Oh who to buy from. And g force also.

redonkulousruntsracing
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
I guess that isn't so special then.

coffing918
02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
my son also broke gears with the slipper CLUTCH at ATCO, he never used to land on the gas, now all of a sudden I cant get him to stop,, its a bad habbit!