PDA

View Full Version : Custom Radiator Screen

Scottt89
12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I recently mounted an oversized Rad that is quite bigger than stock. Fitment was a pain but it's in there. Now I need to cover this thing. Anyone have any pics or ideas for making a custom radiator screen?
Any ideas are apreciated. The bike is having some other work done, so as soon as I get it back I'll try to get some pics of this radiator up.

1promodfan
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
I recently mounted an oversized Rad that is quite bigger than stock. Fitment was a pain but it's in there. Now I need to cover this thing. Anyone have any pics or ideas for making a custom radiator screen?
Any ideas are apreciated. The bike is having some other work done, so as soon as I get it back I'll try to get some pics of this radiator up.

Contact member "Pumashine", he'll fix you right up.:D

Pumashine
12-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
I recently mounted an oversized Rad that is quite bigger than stock.

Is it by chance an aftermarket PWR radiator? If so, there is one coming by today another member is dropping off for the same purpose. Were going to see how to get a screen of some sort mounted in there.

ARC250R
12-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I just modified a grill to fit my C&R Rad....

Turned out real nice but doesn't quite cover top and bottom.

Here's a few shots

ARC250R
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM

ARC250R
12-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Looks slick at least and should block the majority of bits

ARC250R
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
last shot, hope this helps you with your choice...

Cheers

Scottt89
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
That looks great! Thanks for the pics. It is actually a one off from the looks of it. I got it thru Burgard a few years ago and finally got my motor done so I decided to mount it up. It's been wrapped up in a box since I got it. It looks to be from a Sprint Car parts style company. Its hard to read the stained on logo. I literally got the bike home last night so my lighting wasn't the greatest. It looks to be the same length as stock by twice as thick. Tony Kellner was cool enough to tack some tabs on it for me so I can mount the screen. Now I just have to go about making something.