PDA

View Full Version : Well this is cool.......

jordanscott
12-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Not mine, it's a friend of mine's....
People who don't take care of their bikes REALLY annoy me.
They don't take care of it at all and beat the hell out of it and then they get mad when it blows up? WTF?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1235.snc4/156768_1353249810704_1815206307_686183_6951210_n.j pg

12-02-2010, 10:17 PM
OUCH really sucks bro. maybe he will be able to rebuild it with all the money he saved on not doing oil changes and other maintenance.

people like him keep other people in business.

CJM
12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
jeez, Ive never seen something that bad. The rest of the piston in the case?

12-02-2010, 10:54 PM
why did you take the motor studs out?

AtvKid4Eva
12-03-2010, 06:49 AM
wow! how do you let something get THAT bad...it had to be making horrible noises in the process lol.

jordanscott
12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by CJM
jeez, Ive never seen something that bad. The rest of the piston in the case?

Yeahh the rest of it is in the case with the exception of the other fourth of it that was still together.

Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
wow! how do you let something get THAT bad...it had to be making horrible noises in the process lol.

It was making horrible noises. He never once adjusted his valves and they were so far out of adjustment it had to be started by pulling it behind his other friends bike. He never did a top end on it either so it's really not surprising to me it did this..

fastredrider44
12-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Was this a stock motor? Whoever rebuilds this bike is gonna have their hands full making sure it's clean.:rolleyes:

atvracin74
12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
hahaha wow look at how dirty it is.. this dude beat the **** out of it

jordanscott
12-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Was this a stock motor? Whoever rebuilds this bike is gonna have their hands full making sure it's clean.:rolleyes:

Yupp it was a stock motor.

TJ Bradley
12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
This can happen to anyone wether they take care of it or not. I had a motor built for me last season that ran for one race. A practice, and 2 motos. Then was practicing the next day at a buddies track. Made 6 laps total. Mainly rolling in the track from it being freshly plowed. Finally ran about 1 hard lap, came over a double and it locked down. I was pissed. Had the guy that built it tear it down. The piston had shattered into 36 pieces.( i counted, the ones that were big enough to) It destroyed EVERYTHING in the motor. Both cases, busted the cylinder, cracked the head. And the guy that built it didnt take responsibility for it. So thats why i have the 05 bike in my sig like it is. :grr:

CJM
12-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Nothing I ever put together right failed if the engine was in good shape as a base to start with.

Not changing the oil and not performing maintenance will do stuff like whats seen in the pics. People do it all the time to cars I work on, they IGNORE obvious service intervals cause all it is to them is something that drives them around-you would think things like transmissions that dont shift, smoke blowing out of stuff, overheating, loud knocking and etc would get peoples attention-often times it doesnt. often they dont come to the mechanic till its busted and costs even more money to repair.

I will bet anyone here that 90% of the population ignores service intervals. Did you know your supposed to change your transmission fluid every 30k (depends on the car). Most NEVER EVER even think about it let alone do it and wonder why the trans fails..

Same thing goes for quads. I ALWAYS check my oil, adjust my valves and perform maintenance. i built my engine, it runs good-no issues in at least 50+ hours on rebuild. I did it right I guess. Hondas are generally forgiving but wont last forever if you dont take care of them!

Ill shut up now.