PDA

View Full Version : Engine kits

rf928
12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Just wonderin if anyone has had experience with any companies like CT, Duncan, LRD, Toomey, and trinity.

What are the pros and cons to the engine and pipe kits?
Has anyone tried these?

Thank you

headache
12-04-2010, 10:35 AM
send your cylinder and head to ftz for a mid-top port job. then buy a ct/trinity/powerpros pipe, a 34-36mm carb and vforce reeds and you'll have enough power to keep up with a stock 450..

rf928
04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
So. Now, CT is not gonna get us a cylinder or anything else for 2 months.

What do you recommend we do for more power? We want the most power, around 108ish octane.

Right now, all we have is a 36mm Keihin carb, and a full CT pipe. We are open to any suggestions, and we want it reeaaalll fast lol.

Thanks

JAG Motosports
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
My son runs the ct and it is faster than any stock cylinder based port job. But if u need one now call ken oconnor at 860-230-5003 he does good work and will cut in the boysen ports. I had 5 differant builders do cylinders and his was the fastest. Once again tho no one can match the ct with the 250 reed cage. the next closest is airsal from project blaster but it takes a standard reed cage. Tell oconnor Ken sent ya and he will hook ya up :}

rf928
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks alot. we will check it out.

Hetrick has caught our eye too. We talked to them today, and they were much nicer than CT.

JAG Motosports
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM
lol....ya ct arent real good at customer service. I tried hetrick once and talked Rich and he was going to get a plan together, but never returned my calls again, so after 3 tries I moved on. Snyder motorsports builds a stroker with a banshee piston so its under 200cc spendy tho

drxracing
04-29-2011, 08:37 PM
We run the airsal with a toomey pipe tried the sheerer pipe with it also hits the powerrband very very hard but lacks a little top end would love to try a right bend with it if anybody has one for sale

JAG Motosports
04-29-2011, 08:47 PM
there is a complete motor on bay with the ct 2 heads longrod and carb for 1200 buy it now and no bids at 750...heck of a deal

pbblaster2
05-04-2011, 02:01 PM
send you cylinder to flo tech, and head to ken o connor

Christiansdad
05-06-2011, 07:37 AM
i was wanting to get a few questions out myself.i am finishing up on cleaning the frame on my wifes blaster. I already got a few things in like new race plastic, bumper, fmf pipe and silencer, v force cage, pro x piston..slightly oversized also the crank bearings and complete gasket set is on the way. i wana get this thing right when its put back together...i wana go away with the oil injection and that ugly sh;t on top of the carb..and whats up with all the wires and boxes...i dont need a headlight,key switch...etc. Is there a kit or something for those wires to be done away with....and the oil injection also..what can be done with the carb...

headache
05-08-2011, 06:41 PM
moose racing makes a kit that has a regular cap for the carb, a new cable, and a drill and tap so you can install a normal idle adjustment for the stock blaster carb. then you just cut the wires up at throttle switch and wire them together i think. or leave them apart i'm not exactly sure which. its been too long since i've done that mod.. with the fmf pipe and good reeds i'd install a 270 main jet and go from there on the jetting. you can leave the needle alone and may have to tweak on the pilot screw a bit.

rf928
05-09-2011, 11:19 AM
k thanks.

Christiansdad
05-09-2011, 02:31 PM
typed it in on motosport.com and found that moose kit for the carb. pretty well thought out kind of deal..wasnt to crazy on price but hey that blaster just took another dump and lost atleast a pound..lol...now with the handlbars switch,lights,etc..which wires are the kill switch..i just wana have a pro armor kills switch like on my boys apex..simple made and easy to work with..and whats another proven power adder's..besides internals..like cranks,big bore kits..i wana bring it out just make it last more than 6 months...jetting is a pain in the *****...or for me it was on the cvts quads...cost to much

rf928
05-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah. Just remember that the blaster switch needs to be NO (Normally Open)

We have looked around, but we agree that the ct kit with the 250 reeds is the best. They told us that they should get it to us soon, and in Alberta we have many different series. So, we will just wait it out. Can't wait for the whole thing to be done