PDA

View Full Version : ALWAYS wear your helmet

Stevie-D
02-10-2003, 06:24 PM
there is a Jv cheerleader from my school..12 years old..must wiegh less than 100 pounds..she was at a snowmobiling trip with her church last saturday. anyway, she was riding one of the snowmobiles by herself without a helmet on. she hit a tree:( im not sure exactly how it happened, but ive heard that she just lost control and hit the tree. im guessing that the snowmobile rolled over on top of her.
she broke 2 fingers, crushed 4 vertabrae in her neck, and was bruised from head to toe. one of the vertabrae was so bad that the doctors had to remove it. right now she is stable, but the doctors are still unsure of any consequences. she also had several huge gashes on her head, which took over 3 hours to sew up. this would have definately been avoided if she was wearing a helmet. i believe that the crushed vertebrae could have been avoided if she had a helmet on.
its strange...i hear about this stuff happening all over, and it has finally hit close to home. my dad broke his neck a few years ago in a car wreck and is paralyzed from his chest down....and now this happened. i am really careful about protecting my neck(even if i just wear a helmet) mostly because ive seen firsthand what happens if you dont.
please everyone, do yourself a favor and always wear your helmet...trust me,you do not want to end up in a wheelchair parylized for the rest of your life. nor do you want someone close to you to end up in the same situation

trailburner
02-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Sorry to here about this I hope the girl get's better..
And yes alway's!!! alway's!!!! wear your helmet!!!

AtvMxRider
02-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear about that i hope she get's better.

Nausty
02-10-2003, 07:56 PM
sorry to hear about that man. Seriously though he has a point, head or back injuries are something you want to take a chance on little less than becoming a retarted vegetable. It doesn't only hurt you but it hurts your family and people close to you not to mention you becoming another statistic against our beloved sport. Put simply, just put the dang thing on.;)

CHAUNCY
02-10-2003, 08:03 PM
stories like these make me always wear my helmet
hope she gets better

02-10-2003, 08:11 PM
im a helmet wearer on my 400ex or any big dirtbikes

roostu
02-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that, this is a lesson we can all learn from. I hope she gets better.

~Roost-U