PDA

View Full Version : klx vs v2

zach R 7x
12-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Remember I am new to this subject .LOL!
I have a question on cyl heads that can be installed on the pister 125 motors.

Is the klx dirt bike heads as good or better than the v2 head that Pister is selling for these motors?

This is not a tagagawa (sp) ,a stock klx head. I was told the valves are bigger. True??

Any insite would be appriciated.

Tim

Ride1Rob
12-02-2010, 10:10 AM
We run the KLX style head on Jams bike. The v2 on our 150 setup will work wonders over our ported KLX head. Should be the same for the 125. Only thing you probably need to check into is will it be overkill. The TB heads ports are so huge it actually robs performance of what the head could do if the ports were smaller. Been there done that :rolleyes: . lol

zach R 7x
12-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I can get the klx at a great price but was not sure if it was worth the time or money to install.

Rob, what motor are you running this head on? Is it the same as I have?

Have you guys ever dynoed your quads? just curious.

Ride1Rob
12-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Piranha 150. Your engine is slightly different than ours but performance is pretty much equal between the two. Terry has all the hp info.

T@AFP
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I talked to Terry again last night about our Pitster 125 engine. That guy knows his chit for sure. I'm going to send him our engine next week to see what he can come up with. Terry told me the V2 head w/ some work done to it is a good choice. Until you get into the Takagawa 4 valve. But then your talking big bucks.

One thing he mentioned to me that has me thinking is this.
He asked why the rules only allow a 90cc 2 stroke vs a 125cc 4 stroke? He things the 4 stroke cc should be atleast a 150cc against the 90cc 2 stroke. That makes way more sence to me.

Sorry Tim, didn't mean to Hi jack your thread.

zach R 7x
12-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I talked to Terry today also Tom, found out the same thing. Very impressive guy to talk to. Definately knows what he is talking about ,he cleared up alot of questions I had in about 10 minutes!

Now that I have a 4 stroke, that makes total sense. A year ago I would of argued with you about it!LOL

Think we would be pushing it with C.R.A. if we asked for that Tom?

T@AFP
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, but what the hell, wouldn't be the first time we pissed them off. I'll talk to Jeff Sanders about it.

quadnana7
12-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Tom & Tim
Why don'f you propose same rules as the new class added to Dade City or at least the production part of it. Looks like Rob should get extra credit for homework he did on designing that class. I also agree with using Terry after seeing how good and reliable an engine he built for Rob. Jam did not have a dnf all year due to engine failure. He's building 2 engines for Christian right now.

zach R 7x
12-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey Tom , just curious if you had time to contact Jeff and what kind of reaction you got out of him?
Got to thinking about this and this would be great if we were only running local but would not work if you were going to run Nats. Unless we had two motors built and swapped them.
Debating on holding off on the engine build untill rules for 2011 come out for C.R.A.

T@AFP
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
No I haven't had a chance to pitch it to him yet.