PDA

View Full Version : adding more oomph to the kasea aircooled 90?

hawaiianbasshed
12-02-2010, 01:38 AM
ok, I figure 1st is figure what all the bike has, in order to figure out where to go next...

so far I only know the obvious stuff I can see, it's got a pipe. I think it's a gen1 hetrick national for the kasea I'll try to get pix of it up tomorrow or friday so others can comment. to which they think it is...

I know it has an analog PVL as I can see it. I know it has a 28mm carb as I measured it at the manifold side with my caliper after seeing the koso intake mani.

and that's about where I'm at lol.

so what do I look for to see if the head is milled when I pull it apart? a lip yay high by the combustion chamber?

porting I figure will be obvious if it's done or not.

I'm looking to freshen up the top end. do you guys go up a size and have it bored/honed or pretty much start with a full new top when they start to loose compression? I think I checked this one at 90psi a month ago when I got it but it could've been higher or lower forget.. I'll check again before I open it up.

oh, I'll also measure bore.

bike has 20x6x10 fronts and 18x10.5x8 rears kenda klaws MXF front, MXR rear... looking at going lighter/narrower on the rear as well, possibly the DWT XCs found a set but not sure if I can get 4x110 hubs I may have to locate a set without rims if I can't swap hubs... I also have some 18x9.5x8 turf tamers to try. I believe they're lighter, slightly shorter and an inch narrower so it will probably help a little... I don't want to put snow hogs on it I'm sure it would just spin all over if I did that.

figured the tires would make a good bit of difference. since the rears are pretty balloon I'm imagining it's taking alot of power to spin them...

cik orange
12-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm interested in seeing some pics..

hawaiianbasshed
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
pix of what the parts or the bike itself? I have plenty up on this forum in the kasea section and in the kawi/LT80 forum as my sons LT80 replacement as I was upset when it broke again and that's when I got it lol. I've since fixed it again anyway the LT80 lol

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=449354

do you want me to take pix of the 28mm carb and PVL? or were you interested in looking at the frame? the frame is in the pix I linked to. gotta scroll as the 1st were cell pix of the night I picked it up as I was super stoked lol.

I ordered a set of DRR rear hubs but I don't think they will fit, I'll see when they get here lol. BUT I have a set of 8x8" blaster DWT beadlocks I will be getting also. kinda wide for a mini but it's hard finding eton hubs for reasonable and I'm getting the rims for like $150 shipped...

luckily I've been a member of the blaster forum for a while and they're also 4x100 lol. so I can just use blaster rear rims :D which alot of the blaster guys who're deep into mods use banshee hubs to get the more popular 4x115 yamaha rear pattern so it makes the 4x100 rims not as valuable :D

I'll try to get some pix of the carb and PVL and I guess the pipe, that's probably what you were referring to come to think of it lol. but it's dark so maybe tomorrow after work... or in the dark I suppose, I could test out my new HTC Evo night time pic quality lol

gonna try to take pix and drop them with the phone :D

EDIT:

well, the phone takes ok, night pix, the problem is getting a pic of the pipe while it's on the bike lol took some of the pipe and carb none of which imo were very good... they don't show much imo. to get a pic of it OFF the bike would be much better as they're kinda tucked in there imo

quadnana7
12-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Contact Justin at Maximum RPM
He has affordable air cooled cylinder kits at different bore sizes.
Also 4/100 rims

hawaiianbasshed
12-03-2010, 09:10 AM
he didn't even know the kasea was 4x100, and he doesn't have any rims in 4x100...

here's the emails I've bounced with him

RE: mini atv beadlocks
Justin Hall <justin@maximumrpm.com>
Add to Contacts
To: Tom u <hawaiianbasshead@yahoo.com>

The bolt pattern on a Kasea is 4/110 but the diameter of the axle spline itself is smaller than most, I don’t think the DRR hub is the same if I remember right the Kasea is smaller but the original hubs were 4/110 same as other minis.

Justin Hall

President,

Maximum RPM LLC

894 Coomer Rd

Burnside, KY 42519

www.MaximumRPM.com

972-481-8708

469-916-8068 FAX

Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:12 AM
To: Justin Hall
Subject: Re: mini atv beadlocks

Do you happen to know which if any rear hubs of the mini's will fit on a kasea 90 durablue axle? I haven't found a guaranteed answer so can't get rims for the rear lol.

I know DRR are 4x110, but I'm not positive if it will work or not..

Tom

To: Tom u <hawaiianbasshead@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, October 18, 2010 5:19:50 AM
Subject: RE: mini atv beadlocks

Sorry but we do not have them in 4x100 only 4/110 and bigger

Justin Hall

President,

Maximum RPM LLC

894 Coomer Rd

Burnside, KY 42519

www.MaximumRPM.com

972-481-8708

469-916-8068 FAX

Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 11:39 PM
To: sales@maximumrpm.com
Subject: mini atv beadlocks

do you do any in the 4x100 kasea 90 lug pattern? or is there a hub that for sure works with the durablue kasea 90 axles that's 4/110? thanks much!

Tom

Ryko racing
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
WE USED HETRICKS 8146760477 AND LAKES MOTORSPORTS 2486740674

OUR AIR COOLED MOTORS WERE INDESTRUCTABLE. THE GUYS THAT BOUGHT MINE R STILL RUNNING THEM SO THAT MAKES 5 SEASONS.

WE USED A 50 BORE AND STROKED THE CRANK.

BUT YOU CAN ALSO GO 52MM BORE W STK CRANK WHICH IS PROBABLY WHAT YOU HAVE IF ITS A HETRICK BIKE.

THE PVL WORKS FINE FOR THAT SETUP, IF THE MOTOR IS CORRECT IT SHOULD HAVE OVER 175 LB COMPRESSION IF THE HEAD IS MILLED.

IF YOUR MOTOR IS RUNNING GOOD YOU NEED BETTER CLUTCHING.

CK WITH CIK ORANGE ON THIS FORUM HE KNOWS THESE AIR COOLEDS BETTER THAN ANYONE THAT I KNOW. GOOD LUCK

cik orange
12-03-2010, 10:53 AM
thanks Scott give me a call

pm'd ya hawaii

TTracer#22
12-03-2010, 11:00 AM
I have a few sets of 4/100 rears 8 X 6 that are like new I have the in powdercoated gloss black and one set polished alum if you need them pm me also have a few sets of fronts the same way the fronts are 4/110. I also have a 108cc air cooled and a 118cc air cooled motor Hetrick built the 108 and Billy Holt built the 118 if you want alot more power and you class will allow for it.

quadnana7
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Tom u
Cik Orange can definately help you on both clutching and if he has any of his a/c race cylinders left, they were the fastest around.
Also Maximum RPM did not have the beadlocks in 4/100. He should still have some other inventory that fit blaster 4/100 left.

cik orange
12-03-2010, 06:53 PM
thank you nana for the kind words hopefully the jobmarket will be kinder to me next year and we can make it to a few races and hangout a little.i'm sure Christian is about eye to eye with his daddy now SCARY HUH.Caston is just about there with me it seems like he hit a growth spurt in the last week or so.