PDA

View Full Version : Titleing a car in a different state.

Dobber
12-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey everyone. Im about to buy a car from Minnesota, and i live in Wisconsin. What all do i have to do to change over the title? And are there going to be any extra charges because of it being from a different state?Thanks

CJM
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Take title down to your dmv and tell them you want to register and title the car in your name. Should be rather simple assuming the car has a clean title.

Dobber
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Take title down to your dmv and tell them you want to register and title the car in your name. Should be rather simple assuming the car has a clean title.

so being that the car is from a different state shouldnt have an effect in the way its registered?

CJM
12-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Shouldnt, they basically reissue the title for your state when you do so. Might not even bother with the title itself, just registering it-depends on the state.

cdrookie
12-02-2010, 08:42 AM
is the previous owner going with you to sign it over? if not better have his signature notarized on the title. in fact, better call the dmv and ask how to handle it.

Exrider434
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I purchased my truck in florida, registered it in NY. No extra charges or issues at all.