PDA

View Full Version : lucky coyote catch

redrider440ex72
12-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Every year I put a few traps out for coon, mink, and muskrat. Most of them are 1 1/2 coilsprings and some conibears. I had this one set down by a tiny creek on a pretty good coon trail. I thought for sure I was gunna catch some coons there. On the second day I was checking them and to my great surprise I saw a coyote in one of my coilsprings. Since i was riding my ex I didn't have my trapping stuff along so I rode back to my uncles house to borrow his .22. After I shot her I looked at the trap and it was barely holding on by the two middle toes on the front foot. Needless to say I was pretty excited to catch a coyote even though it was only a small one. I can't decide if I want to get her tanned and keep it or sell when I sell my coon skins.

Pappy
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Good deal!

I'd have the hide done and keep it since its yoru first!

Dirtjunkie85
01-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah i'd have to say keep it. Do you take your hides somewhere to get them tanned or do you do it yourself? I've got a friend that has been trapping this season with tons of skunks a few coons and a few red fox's.

redrider440ex72
02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
If I do get it tanned I will have someone do it. A guy in my area does it but it is like 100 dollars to get it tanned and you can buy a tanned coyote pelt for about 70 bucks. Besides it's 100 bucks I can spend on my 400.