PDA

View Full Version : pro taper oversized bar mounts

kickinwing
12-01-2010, 05:52 AM
i have an ltr450 and I got the pro taper over sized bar mounds, like the pic below, and i cannot use the bolt that comes with them because it is too big to fit. for now i am just using the stock bolt that held the original mounts on. has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know if pro taper makes replacement parts for the steering stem like the rubber cone, and the aluminum sleeve to fit the bigger bolt? i have seen that houser and lonestar have them for their stems but i have yet to see anything for the stock stem.

turdboy
12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Are you running a stock steering stem? If so those clamps will not work. I believe what you have are for an aftermarket stem where you can change out the clamps. The clamps you need are similar but without the bolts and they just fit right into your existing lower clamps. You can get them anywhere for around 20-30 bucks.

kickinwing
12-02-2010, 02:31 PM
thanks, i am taking these mounts back and exchanging them for the others that fit into the stock mounts.

DoubleDad
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
That set up will give you a little more rise on the bars as well.

kickinwing
12-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I changed my mounts and i like the little extra rise i got, for me they are perfect with the atv high bend bars. all my cables still have plenty of room except my brake line, it is a little tight so i got a set of streamline braided lines, but havent put them on yet. I am going to also get the yoshimura choke block off and get rid of that cable.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/kickinwing2/myltr.jpg