PDA

View Full Version : anyone elses outlaw sound like?...

TheLane
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
water perkulating? (SP?) while its running at low rpms or idleing. And also make a completely different sound while idleing. My Raptor never did so it scares me a little bit.

2010 outlaw 450 mxr

ccdhowell
12-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I think you're hearing the clutch. I know when I idle in neutral the clutch sounds odd kinda like that, but when I pull the lever in the noise goes away.

My Raptor never made any odd noises engine wise either.

speedfreek
12-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ccdhowell
I think you're hearing the clutch. I know when I idle in neutral the clutch sounds odd kinda like that, but when I pull the lever in the noise goes away.
Mine too. Kinda scary but hasn't broke yet. I'm probably gonna open it up just to look at where the noise is coming from just to ease my mind.

TheLane
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
yeah its brand new and i took it to dealer to have them look at it, anything should be under warranty for 3 months, it was also backfiring like crazy and there is a dealer repair for all outlaws as old as 2008 to have the leak fixed from the header for free under warranty, so if you bike backfires on Decelleration they will fix it for free!

sleddog66
12-16-2010, 04:45 AM
If the noise goes away when the clutch is pulled, then that is normal sound from the clutch basket. If sound continues, there has been some issue with the primary gear nut in the trans coming loose.

After all these years of a poor fitment for the head pipe, what is Polaris doing for a fix?? Please post what they did to fix this. I hope it is not just squirting a sealer in there, because that will last about 1 day. I know that some pipes fit worse than others, but sience I went to a muzzy full system, no leaks.

TheLane
12-16-2010, 10:26 AM
They took the header pipe and grinded it down to fit over the header better then resealed it properly.