PDA

View Full Version : how to quiet down white bros eseries?

moddedblaster20
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
is there a silencer i can purchase to make this exhaust quieter? it came on the quad when i bought it and its so darn loud (sounds cool though), and i dont like pissing peopel off in the area when im out riding. if not, whats one of the quietest slipons i can get? thanks

honda400ex2003
11-30-2010, 09:03 PM
you wont be able to buy a new core for it since it isnt made anymore but you can take some plates out of it to quiet it down some. I think there was a quiet core that was made for it though which may be able to be found on ebay sometime or something. The fmf q4 will be the quietest exhaust that you can get and i recommend it to just about everyone. it is a great pipe- right around 90 dBs but still sounds good imo. stock is 88. steve

BlasterEaten250
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
It is a lot quieter with 4-6 disks in. Still loud though. I've read not to go below 4 disks

bkelley
11-30-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't have any discs on mine (came that way) and it's not too loud unless I am rapping it out.

bergoff
12-01-2010, 12:00 AM
when i ran a e-series i had 5 disks installed it wasn't to bad. and i had the snuf-n-snort end cap so when sound didn't matter i would open it up and let it rip. i would love to have another e-series again.

killer454
12-01-2010, 06:43 AM
i just repacked a white brothers e-series and all the packing was burnt out of it.i repacked and that made it a lot less noisey,if i was you i would repack it.

moddedblaster20
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
to remove disks/repack ill have to remove the rivets correct? and dont get me wrong its a mean sounding exhaust just i know people can hear it from far away and i know its gotta get annoying lol

Honda#4
12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
You could try to repack it but the pipe is kinda useless without the disks, my advice is try to find some disks with a spark arrester.

killer454
12-01-2010, 10:10 AM
yes you will have to drill the rivits out,before you do anything take a black permament marker and draw a line across the peices you will be pulling apart.this will help you line it backup on reassembly.

i think they sell a repack cartride for this exhaust but i just rapped the core in steelwool and then rapped the steelwool in the fiberglass packing materal.i also used electrical tape to hold it on.

i also had some alluminum rivits when it whent back together looked good.

this will help in the noise level

moddedblaster20
12-01-2010, 02:43 PM
thanks man

duroc825
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
My e series had screws in the rear of it. Rivets were on front. You only need to remove the screws and slide the rear insert out to repack it, which can be tricky to do without damaging it. Take your time and gently pry a little at a time to get insert out.