PDA

View Full Version : longer swingarm?

jleable
02-10-2003, 04:49 PM
wondering what the benifits are of getting a longer swingarm. What will it do to help the quad?

Sparks425Ex
02-10-2003, 04:53 PM
What kind of riding do you do?

MX- Don't go any longer than +1 1/4.

TT-They normally go -1 or -2. That makes the quad turn sharper.

Drag-The Longer the better.Sorta. It will keep the front end from lifting up.

The Longer Swing Arm-Frontend stays down better, Meaning you can put the throttle right to the bar and not worry about pulling wheelies.

Shorter- Turns sharper, but makes the quad a little tippy unless on a TT Track. The front end comes up very easy.

Xc-Most guys stay stock length.

TheX1992
02-10-2003, 04:54 PM
its best from what i seen for hillclimbing. you wont flip over as easily. it just keeps you more stable for the most part....just my opinion from what i have seen i could be wrong

gojk
02-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Also the longer the swingarm the less traction you get. But for the drag racers it is a very good trade because if they had the traction of the TT bikes they wouldn't ever do anything but a real quick back flip.

AndrewRRR
02-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by jleable
wondering what the benifits are of getting a longer swingarm. What will it do to help the quad?

Basically if the front end comes up too much, you need a longer swingarm. I couldn't keep the front end down on my R in the dunes or on pavement so I got a +4". It helps keep it down (although I still need to lean forward) and can still ride trails. You just can't steer with the throttle as well, it will want to hook and go straight provided you have traction.